Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Who do you want as head coach?

Who do you want as head coach?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your 2nd choice for head coach? (Assuming Stevens is first choice)

• Billy Donovan
    • Tony Bennett
    • Sean Miller
    • Archie Miller
    • Gregg Marshall
    • Steve Alford
    • Dane Fife
    • Other (Post in thread)

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

It's nothing. Like I said above we are just gauging where everyone is leaning so we know what to expect if it isn't who the majority thinks it will be.

Are you anticipating some sort of trouble here? Your comments in this thread about the mods wanting to "be prepared" seem to me to be a bit paranoid. Do you really think that your user base will melt down and take this board with it? C'mon, man... show a little respect.

16 minutes ago, Hoosier_roots said:

I stand with Stevens! The delusion must live on!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Hoosier_roots said:

I stand with Stevens! The delusion must live on!

A post so nice, you did it twice... you must really be delusional. :D (kidding, just kidding)

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Donovan-----Bennett-----Sean Miller----Alford-------Archie

Hoping for D. Would be happy with others listed.

I'd also be willing to give others a shot over Crean.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd be beyond pissed if they hired Alford

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Are you anticipating some sort of trouble here? Your comments in this thread about the mods wanting to "be prepared" seem to me to be a bit paranoid. Do you really think that your user base will melt down and take this board with it? C'mon, man... show a little respect.

There's no paranoia about it, it's being realistic. When things don't go the way people think or want people get upset and they get testy. That causes a lot of arguments and usually name calling. What's wrong with being prepared just in case? I'd rather be proactive than reactive and have to sort through a thousand reports because people got their feelings hurt. I've been a mod both here and on other sports websites before this, so this kind of thing absolutely does happen. No one will take this board down no matter what happens, if it gets that bad people will just get the boot plain and simple. 

This last part kinda pissed me off to be completely honest. I didn't disrespect anyone with anything I said and to be accused of doing so is disrespectful in and of itself. 

I think the safe money has to be on Chris Collins.

Billy and Stevens seem like a dream.

Archie is about to take Ohio State

Bennett is not leaving Virginia.

Mike White seems like a dream, I imagine he'd probably turn us down.

That's where I'm starting to lean. I voted Archie but if I was forced to bet the house I'd probably put it on Collins.

10 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

There's no paranoia about it, it's being realistic. When things don't go the way people think or want people get upset and they get testy. That causes a lot of arguments and usually name calling. What's wrong with being prepared just in case? I'd rather be proactive than reactive and have to sort through a thousand reports because people got their feelings hurt. I've been a mod both here and on other sports websites before this, so this kind of thing absolutely does happen. No one will take this board down no matter what happens, if it gets that bad people will just get the boot plain and simple. 

This last part kinda pissed me off to be completely honest. I didn't disrespect anyone with anything I said and to be accused of doing so is disrespectful in and of itself. 

Didn't mean to piss anyone off... it was an honest, legitimate question... In my mind, I see the mods gearing up in full riot gear for what might happen, and I think everyone here is (or at least appears to be) fairly mature... some may be disappointed or angry, but I don't see anything escalating beyond that.

Didn't mean to piss anyone off... it was an honest, legitimate question... In my mind, I see the mods gearing up in full riot gear for what might happen, and I think everyone here is (or at least appears to be) fairly mature... some may be disappointed or angry, but I don't see anything escalating beyond that.

That's fair enough. You've never been a poster that's ever come off as rude or disrespectful so no harm no foul.

There's a lot of things that go on that members don't realize. We've had huge arguments(which I've been a part of a few lol) that get overblown, and we get blown away with PM's and reports because of people being offended. That stuff just comes from game threads just imagine if IU hired Buzz or a coach from the school of the blind. I have no doubt that things would get ugly if that happened.

I am flabbergasted at the love fest for Chris Collins.  The guy's won just 55% of his games and this will be his first winning record in conference.  He has never coached at post season game at any level.  His Big Ten winning percentage is 42.3, and until this season, his best finish was 9th!   Fellas....let's have a little dignity.  We do NOT need a guy who's having his first successful season.   Do we really want a guy whose team has scored in the 60's seventeen times this season?   Even when Knight was here and defense was a priority; we led the Big Ten in scoring every season.   Chris Collins??    We can do a lot better than the flavor of the week.

I don't think there's a love fest going on I think it has more to do with a lack of confidence in Glass. I can't say for sure though.

I am flabbergasted at the love fest for Chris Collins.  The guy's won just 55% of his games and this will be his first winning record in conference.  He has never coached at post season game at any level.  His Big Ten winning percentage is 42.3, and until this season, his best finish was 9th!   Fellas....let's have a little dignity.  We are still fans of Indiana.   I don't think we need a name guy, but I DO think we need someone who has proven he can win consistently at some level.

We do NOT need a guy who's having his first successful season.   Do we really want a guy whose team has scored in the 60's seventeen times this season?   Even when Knight was here and defense was a priority; we led the Big Ten in scoring every season.   Chris Collins??    We can do a lot better than the flavor of the week.

I dunno. I like Collins and Archie a lot.

So, who DO you like (besides the potentially unattainable Stevens and Donovan)?