Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

2017 March Madness Tournament Thread

Great article on his impact for UNC here: https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/with-theo-pinson-back-north-carolina-looks-like-a-top-five-team-takeaways/amp/
See point 2.

Dude makes a difference and I would have loved to have him on our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Still disagree with you overall. He has perennially under performed and is only averaging 6 points a game on 40 percent shooting--25 percent from 3 point. He does have a decent assist to turnover ratio (over 2) and gets 4 boards a game --but I would gladly have taken a healthy Hartman who was rated a lot less highly any day over Pinson as a glue guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Still disagree with you overall. He has perennially under performed and is only averaging 6 points a game on 40 percent shooting--25 percent from 3 point. He does have a decent assist to turnover ratio (over 2) and gets 4 boards a game --but I would gladly have taken a healthy Hartman who was rated a lot less highly any day over Pinson as a glue guy.

It's ok. We can disagree on it. Pinson is just out here shutting down Brooks right now. NBD.

Hartman is a 5th year senior. Pinson is a junior who's battled a couple of injuries as well. They both bring different things to their teams. Pinson is a guy that everyone would/should love to have. Tony Allen type. Hard to put tangible value on that.

It's ok. We can disagree on it. Pinson is just out here shutting down Brooks right now. NBD.
Hartman is a 5th year senior. Pinson is a junior who's battled a couple of injuries as well. They both bring different things to their teams. Pinson is a guy that everyone would/should love to have. Tony Allen type. Hard to put tangible value on that.

All good. I like a poster who sticks to their guns and backs their posts up with facts. He is a decent defender.

First half of the Oregon-North Carolina was really an odd half. North Carolina making a big run late to lead 39-36.

Some of my pre-game takes

1. Where would be the edge? The North Carolina frontline or Jordan Bell and that edge was to the North Carolina frontline in the first half primarily due to the play of Kennedy Meeks. He goes for 14 and 5 in the first half. Jordan Bell with a good first half but Kennedy Meeks really controlling.

2. Another thing is star power. None of the stars played like stars. Jackson got it going late for Carolina with 9 but Dylan Brooks and Tyler Dorsey combining for 10 points for Oregon is just not going to be enough.

3. My third key is Dana Altman mixing defenses really did throw Carolina off. Carolina got it going in transition but still not really in the half court.

Some other things from the first half 

*Carolina shoots 39% yet scores 39 points. That’s a scary stat if you’re Oregon.

*Oregon with 12 careless turnovers. If you’re going to try to win a shootout, that’s way too many turnovers for Oregon to have.

*I think Dana Altman was one of the keys and MVP’s of the first half. Matchup zone is really, really hard to teach, really, really hard to execute and even harder to score upon. Sometimes the guy playing center ends up playing the point guard position. Players are all over the floor with communication and switches everywhere.

*Roy Williams playing with spread the floor and running a lot of ball screens early. They didn’t get much out of it. Two things I think Carolina could do to score more in the second half. First, really lift the wings, free throw extended, and try to get some highi-low game going with their bigs. Also try to get more four to five things in terms of post dives after catches at the short corner or at the elbow. Those are two things Carolina can do more to score against that matchup zone.

What to look for in the second half?

1. Again, Carolina trying to make some changes and adjustments to how they score against that zone.

2. Oregon’s gotta get more out of Dorsey and Brooks. I didn’t think the Oregon shot selection was really good. Too much of a democracy. Too many other guys taking shots. Too many shots for Ennis. Need to get more shots for Dorsey and Brooks. I can’t see Oregon winning the game if it’s played in the 80’s. I think they have to muck it up a little bit.  

3. Last, what else does Dana Altman have up his sleeve? What else might he go to in the second half of this game?

Have a great night and enjoy the second half. 

Edited by VeevlandBrowns

First half of the Oregon-North Carolina was really an odd half. North Carolina making a big run late to lead 39-36.
Some of my pre-game takes
1. Where would be the edge? The North Carolina frontline or Jordan Bell and that edge was to the North Carolina frontline in the first half primarily due to the play of Kennedy Meeks. He goes for 14 and 5 in the first half. Jordan Bell with a good first half but Kennedy Meeks really controlling.
2. Another thing is star power. None of the stars played like stars. Jackson got it going late for Carolina with 9 but Dylan Brooks and Tyler Dorsey combining for 10 points for Oregon is just not going to be enough.
3. My third key is Dana Altman mixing defenses really did throw Carolina off. Carolina got it going in transition but still not really in the half court.
Some other things from the first half 
*Carolina shoots 39% yet scores 39 points. That’s a scary stat if you’re Oregon.
*Oregon with 12 careless turnovers. If you’re going to try to win a shootout, that’s way too many turnovers for Oregon to have.
*I think Dana Altman was one of the keys and MVP’s of the first half. Matchup zone is really, really hard to teach, really, really hard to execute and even harder to score upon. Sometimes the guy playing center ends up playing the point guard position. Players are all over the floor with communication and switches everywhere.
*Roy Williams playing with spread the floor and running a lot of ball screens early. They didn’t get much out of it. Two things I think Carolina could do to score more in the second half. First, really lift the wings, free throw extended, and try to get some highi-low game going with their bigs. Also try to get more four to five things in terms of post dives after catches at the short corner or at the elbow. Those are two things Carolina can do more to score against that matchup zone.
What to look for in the second half?
1. Again, Carolina trying to make some changes and adjustments to how they score against that zone.
2. Oregon’s gotta get more out of Dorsey and Brooks. I didn’t think the Oregon shot selection was really good. Too much of a democracy. Too many other guys taking shots. Too many shots for Ennis. Need to get more shots for Dorsey and Brooks. I can’t see Oregon winning the game if it’s played in the 80’s. I think they have to muck it up a little bit.  
3. Last, what else does Dana Altman have up his sleeve? What else might he go to in the second half of this game?
Have a great night and enjoy the second half. 

Agree. Oregon's zone in the first half was so effective it helped offset all their turnovers. Looks like Ole Roy has made some adjustments now. Love your attention to detail VeevlandBrowns. I may have to hire you to do my taxes --lol!

Wow, if I'm an Oregon player I'm going at that kid Bell in the locker room. How do you just simply not box out on the free throw TWICE with a spot on title game on the line. That's just inconceivable to me.