Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

2017 March Madness Tournament Thread

South Carolina is certainly getting the whistle they would have wanted going into this. They've initiated offensive contact the entire game and gotten call after call. If they call the late game the same way UNC will win by double digits.

20 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Much as I hate to say it, guess I gotta root for UNC or Oregon. Gonzaga benefits fromv the terribly weak WCC every single year. They got put in the weakest portion of this year's bracket. I respect Mark Few. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Nothing wrong with rooting for Oregon but UNC is the devil

Nothing wrong with rooting for Oregon but UNC is the devil

Understandable. I only included them because I feel like they're going to beat Oregon, so they're basically my last option to keep Gonzaga from winning the title. Hopefully Oregon can vanquish both demons!

27 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Much as I hate to say it, guess I gotta root for UNC or Oregon. Gonzaga benefits fromv the terribly weak WCC every single year. They got put in the weakest portion of this year's bracket. I respect Mark Few. That's it.

They played a tough noncon schedule. Beat Zona, Florida, Iowa St. Also beat St. Mary's 3 times. They were well tested. 

5 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Understandable. I only included them because I feel like they're going to beat Oregon, so they're basically my last option to keep Gonzaga from winning the title. Hopefully Oregon can vanquish both demons!

I think Oregon is gonna beat UNC. Take down those damn Tar Heels!

What an amazing game. Frank Martin’s team played with heart and toughness to come back. Zach Collins is really the story of the game. 14, 13 and 6 and really hit a garbage crotched three pointer to stop the run and get a 7-0 run going for the Zags really at about the three and a half minute mark.

The great defense I expected from both teams showed up late in the game. Amazing defense that last possession about 45 seconds that Gonzaga played about the one minute mark to get a huge stop.

Big, big fan of Mark Few going with the foul in the foul or defend scenario. Up 3. Think about it. What are the things that need to happen for that game to be tied? If they make a three, one thing has to happen. Guy has to take the three and make it. On the flipside, if you foul is to make the first free throw, miss the second free throw and get the rebound off the second free throw and put it back in. Great play to foul by Mark Few. The Zags are moving on.

Let’s take a look at game 2. Oregon vs North Carolina. Three of my big keys and things to watch for.

1. The entire North Carolina frontline versus Jordan Bell. Oregon only has one player that’s over 6’5” that’s played over 11 minutes in this tournament and that’s Jordan Bell. Although he’s averaging 13, 13 and 3, North Carolina is going to throw bodies and waves at him. Kennedy Meeks averaging 10 and 11 in the tournament. Hicks averaging 10 and shooting 55% and even Bradley off the bench averaging 7 and 4 and shooting 80%. Can Jordan Bell take on the entire North Carolina frontline?

2. Star power. You got Justin Jackson. Best player on the floor for North Carolina against Tyler Dorsey and Dillon Brooks. Dorsey might be the MVP of the entire tournament averaging 25 points per game and shooting 65% from the three point line. Dillon Brooks plays with that swagger, that edge and that toughness that the Ducks need. He’s kind of the Draymond Green of this Oregon team.

3. Watch for Dana Altman to mix defenses. He really took Michigan out of their game by upsetting their rhythm. I can’t see him playing a ton of man because I can’t see how they match up up front. You’re going to see to him playing some 2-3 zone that’s really extended where they trap in the corners. He’s going to play some matchup zone. He’ll use three different presses: a full court diamond, 2-2-1 ¾ court and 1-2-2 ¾ court. He’s going to try use these on makes and misses to really slow down North Carolina’s transition game. Big thing for me in this game. Two teams not known for their defense so who really bears down and defends better.

Entertainment purposes only, if you followed my advice in the first game, you’re 0-2. See if I can make up for it here. If you can get North Carolina at -4 for the game I think that’s the play. A couple good props I like. Carolina first to 10 points and Dorsey over three three’s. 

Edited by VeevlandBrowns