Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

This is crazy. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Glass held a presser to announce that Crean was staying, and two hours later Washington held a presser announcing Crean as their new HC. A bidding war between Glass and Washington would ensue, and Glass would "win" CTC back to Indiana for 9mil a year. Really though, he will be gone in 24-48 hours. Hang tight guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

I want to trust you and your previous post.... Give us a little more confidence in your info.... Ease our minds!

there is too much talk going down right now to worry about who the next coach is going to be.....for me anyway

Me as well. I am done with wondering we can get. I just want to know if we will have Crean or not. A meeting did happen today though. I promise you that. I may not have got info of if Crean is back or not but the meeting happened. Whether it was a bunch of boosters, boosters w glass or crean or both, with trustees, with mcrobbie who knows but I am certain talks happened today. Questioning a meeting happened today is stupid lol. It is the day after our season ended and with all this drama going on I am 100% sure w no source all these guys just went about this like a normal day. Glass and Crean may not be tied to the hip but they both came in around the same time and there is a comfort level. Just a reminder though. Legitimate reports said Romar was back at UW less than a week ago and then got fired. Things can change. Until a release is made nothing is final. Crean has probably be fired, rehired, offered an extension all together today. They are gonna talk about every option so some of these sources probably are true but it depends from who and when it was said. I expect to know something by this weekend.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I want to trust you and your previous post.... Give us a little more confidence in your info.... Ease our minds!

I don't have sources telling me anything. I have said before that I am just reading the tea leaves. Crean is gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I really wish I could have seen Cheaney and crew run the B1G. Born in 90 so not old enough to have witnessed it and remember it. Even though they never won it all the pops considers that window one of his favorites of all time. 

Born in 85. I was just old enough to remember in 93 Alan Henderson getting injured, getting knocked off by KU in the Elite 8 and the end of Damon Bailey. Like you i feel like i JUST missed the golden age.

I really wish I could have seen Cheaney and crew run the B1G. Born in 90 so not old enough to have witnessed it and remember it. Even though they never won it all the pops considers that window one of his favorites of all time. 

Best team in college ball and got hosed in the final.

He posted it behind the Scout paywall. It's there. He hasn't had much luck with coaching speculation so I wouldn't take it as 100% gospel. Not much has changed imo. Still nothing concrete either way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So Rabjohns actually did say it though?

Let me blow your minds.

What if everything we've heard was false and Glass was ready to pull the trigger and fire Crean and the board of trustees were the ones that told him to hold off?

Nah, I didn't think so either.

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Me as well. I am done with wondering we can get. I just want to know if we will have Crean or not. A meeting did happen today though. I promise you that. I may not have got info of if Crean is back or not but the meeting happened. Whether it was a bunch of boosters, boosters w glass or crean or both, with trustees, with mcrobbie who knows but I am certain talks happened today. Questioning a meeting happened today is stupid lol. It is the day after our season ended and with all this drama going on I am 100% sure w no source all these guys just went about this like a normal day. Glass and Crean may not be tied to the hip but they both came in around the same time and there is a comfort level. Just a reminder though. Legitimate reports said Romar was back at UW less than a week ago and then got fired. Things can change. Until a release is made nothing is final. Crean has probably be fired, rehired, offered an extension all together today. They are gonna talk about every option so some of these sources probably are true but it depends from who and when it was said. I expect to know something by this weekend.

thanks for the insight....this is getting really old. and i must say if crean is back he will regret it im sure. the fan base will make sure of it. unless he pulls some crazy recruits and an unforgettable season out of his butt he will regret it

3 hours ago, Double Down said:

That buyout is more than his annual salary.  The fear, as far as IU is concerned, is that Crean could just lay low for a year while he gets crazy paid and then finds a job the year after. 

The buyout is not a one time large sum of money. Its negotiated out over a schedule of years as far as Ive read

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

So Rabjohns actually did say it though?

He backtracked on it later. Said he had some people who think he is staying. But he spent 2-3 posts pulling it back, saying nothing is definitive at all. Be careful sharing those singular posts. Nearly gave me a heart attack. 

Yeah that's why I laughed a few pages back. I don't dislike Rabjohns by any means but when it comes to coaching rumors he's about as credible as you and I.

Completely agree. One of these he will fall into, but he hasn't had good success in that building getting info.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, bnkepner said:

The buyout is not a one time large sum of money. Its negotiated out over a schedule of years as far as Ive read

that is correct and someone posted that he has to be looking for meaningful employment as well or buy out turns null and void

thanks for the insight....this is getting really old. and i must say if crean is back he will regret it im sure. the fan base will make sure of it. unless he pulls some crazy recruits and an unforgettable season out of his butt he will regret it

I was being sarcastic about everyone going about their day like nothing is going on. Just to confirm that lol. If were talking about it I am sure the people getting paid to are as well. They probably dont have a text chain that is even 1/20th of our thread haha but still.

I still dont know why crean would want to come back other than total total arrogance. He has more money than he will ever need and still get probably 2.5 to 3 million at another school. I guess toxic enviroments just dont bother him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk