Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just received a text and it reads, "Crean finally understands him not being the head coach at Indiana University is a real possibility and is looking into potential jobs. Missouri and him never happened. Agent talked to Mizzou but not Crean personally. A major part in all this is Riley. Riley doesn't want to play baseball at IU anymore due to the last few days. I ain't saying this as a statement I am telling ya as this as what has happened today. Sorry don't expect something tonight. Tomorrow midday is the earliest you will hear anything but don't be surprised if it takes until Monday. Boosters want change, but will not humiliate Crean. Trying to find a medium that benefits both parties." I have no clue what this all means as none of it is definite just statements. I just told him to save his energy and just say fired or staying lol.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

So up until today he still thought he was coming back next year? What a mess glass has made of this.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Goodman said Crean could be a fit at Cal. Seeing his name on twitter with Washington too. Add in the NC State thing and maybe that is why no announcement has been made. They are giving Crean time to figure out another job.

Whu? We are going to lose out by sitting on our hands. Its not glass job to make sure he finds new employment.

Is it two pronged good news, or just one prong.  As in are we getting firing and hiring news or just firing

I believe that there will be a separation from Crean in the no later than Monday. I think that the movement of coaches today may have bought him a few extra days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, coonhounds said:

Mile on 247 saying he got information today and not be so quick to dismiss what btowninsideher is saying. He is the guy pushing donovan fwiw

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Really thats good news.  0708 was already saying positive things about him, not necessarily an endorsement

So up until today he still thought he was coming back next year? What a mess glass has made of this.

Rumor is Crean has not been taking any calls personally has made his agent do it and it has rubbed teams the wrong way. They all realize they are his back up plan and it has made them move in different directions. From sounds of it we could be looking at another Bob Knight situation. Just without the results. Crean is gonna FORCE them to fire him. I know you guys wanna see this as good news but I am taking it the opposite. Crean is gonna keep his job by making Freddy his side piece lol.

2 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Gee.  I sure don't remember UK, or UNC lollygagging around waiting for some "soft-landing" before they fired their coach.

Those programs didn't wait 9 season before moving on to the next guy.  

This is embarrassing.

Well UK did but the guy actually won a NC.  Otherwise he would have been gone after 5 or 6 if not sooner.  

A change must be made, the apathy for IU basketball has gone out of control. Man, how I miss coach Knight's teams... Cheaney, Bailey, Graham, Nover, Henderson, Anderson, Reynolds, Meeks and Mr. Hoosier himself, Leary. Hopefully someday, tough to watch the NCAA's tomorrow without our beloved Hoosiers, Indiana will be back!!!