Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Although it would be terrible PR for IU basketball, I would love if the players came together and decided that they would not travel and play in the NIT team game tomorrow due to the idiotic decision made by glass and bball staff. If I'm a player on the team my mindset right now is, "If the administration and coaching staff quit on us, then why shouldn't we quit on them?"

A poster on 247 dropped hints on a rumored soft landing for Crean.  Not difficult to figure out.  He'll get owned if that happens.

What rumor? Care to share?

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

A poster on 247 dropped hints on a rumored soft landing for Crean.  Not difficult to figure out.  He'll get owned if that happens.

We shall see. Im not believing anything at this point. Too much emotional roller coaster to get caight up in it.  Ill either be hally or pissed when an announcement is made. 

1 hour ago, spe317 said:

Doyel is a writer, not a reporter. He is paid to write his opinion for what reason, I have no clue. There's something about being an actual reporter, hell or being a forum commentator that does such research as looking at flight tracker or even looking for a specific SUV at an airport. Doyel sticks his head out the window and sniffs the air for his research most of the time.

I haven't seen or read anything to make me believe that Doyel is wrong. Everyone talking about Donovan and Stevens coming to IU are doing the same thing Doyel's doing.. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of pissed off Indiana fans come November 2017 when Crean is still on the sidelines. 

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Basically he said a better conference than the B1G and Crean's relative coached there last year.  I'm pretty sure even pUKe fans could figure that one out.

Crean would get eaten alive there. In a better conference at a worse school? Yikes. Oh well, not our problem if he's not here. 

1 minute ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I haven't seen or read anything to make me believe that Doyel is wrong. Everyone talking about Donovan and Stevens coming to IU are doing the same thing Doyel's doing.. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of pissed off Indiana fans come November 2017 when Crean is still on the sidelines. 

you may be right. and if thats the case im sure the fans will make glass and crean regret that decision. along with the donors and boosters

Just as a refresher, I went back and re-read the statement about Crean that FG issued two years ago.  In it he specifically said CTC should be judged not on past results but going forward (and the ability to "start achieving our program goals").  Here's his expectations and the results two years later:

"My goals for this program are to perenially contend for (Nope, not this year) and to win multiple Big Ten championships (1 out of 2, 'incomplete'), regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament (Nope, fail) and win our next national championship (Nope, not close)," Glass said. "Be elite (Nope, not even close), if you will. As a lifelong Hoosier and IU basketball fan, alumnus and current AD, nobody wants that more than me (Nope, that doesn't appear to be true at all)."

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

What year was when crean left Zeller on the bench with 4 fouls until the game was almost over in which we lost at home

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

We only lost two home games in Zeller's tenure.  In January 2012 vs Minnesota and January 2013 vs Wisconsin.  I don't know which game you're referencing here.