Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I like Mike but it was time for him to go. I like Tom but it is time for him to go. Sampson may be the best coach of the three but I cannot stand him at all after what he did to our program and culture. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Davis knew it was time to go and now makes 200 k a year. Crean makes 3.5 million and I get the impression he thinks he is worth every penny of it. He doesnt know when enough is enough.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

For Butler I believe Cody was on the bench. The reason the walkon got the assignment for the game winning layup is because the worst defender of the Tom Crean era was guarding him.

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

What year was when crean left Zeller on the bench with 4 fouls until the game was almost over in which we lost at home

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Mine too ---if it's not Mizzou. I think he would win more games at Mizzou in a weaker conference but imo NC State is the better job.

Have to disagree with that. Crean would be eaten alive by K and Roy with recruiting.

Mike catches more grief than is deserved. He's a pretty good coach. He was just over his head here, and he has admitted as such.

Sent from my DMC-CM1 using BtownBanners mobile app

He was on the BTN show A Taste of Coaching and said as much.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Doyel is a writer, not a reporter. He is paid to write his opinion for what reason, I have no clue. There's something about being an actual reporter, hell or being a forum commentator that does such research as looking at flight tracker or even looking for a specific SUV at an airport. Doyel sticks his head out the window and sniffs the air for his research most of the time.

Edited by spe317
His name spelling still befuddles me.

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Sampson was a great coach.  If we could have his coaching with Creans ethics we would be set

Absolutely. Sampson was and is still a great coach. He would definitely be the coach right now had he had his crap together. And IU probably has at least a FF if not two with him over all these years of Crean's tenure

Greg Doyel said that he has information that makes him believe that Crean is coming back but can't publically share it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

I just cannot accept that either Glass or Crean would be that brazen given the sentiment of a HUGE portion of Hoosier Nation. Unless certain players are not going pro and there is a sleeper 5 star recruit coming ---the risk for a loud and miserable season next year for Glass and Crean is too high. It's time to move on and I still think they will say he is staying until he is gone which will be announced in a few days.

1 hour ago, IUHAHN82 said:

Let's be real, no matter how arrogant or how much of a "man" u think u are.  When ur kids get ripped on and u r constantly being heckled by fans, crap is gonna get to u.  I whole heartedly believe Crean wants to move on. The silence is waiting for him to find a new home.  My opinion.  

Thought this for a while. But then again he is so arrogant he may still think he is the answer.

11 minutes ago, ViaSwiss said:

This NIT thing would have been the perfect opportunity to host the game somewhere in Indiana that doesn't get to see IU play much....Fort Wayne, Evansville, South Bend, etc. Most of the attendance would be cheering like crazy for the team because its one of the few opportunities to see them in person.

But we accepted a true road game against a team that is good at home.

I'm not positive on this but I think if you decline to host in your home gym than lower seed gets to. Don't think they let you hold on 'neutral' sites unless your arena is being used or renovated. Again I'm not sure on this but I'm thinking this could be the case.

Edited by Aaron

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Our Mens and Womens basketball are heading to the NIT. Baseball is nosediving. Football was 6-7 last year. Fred Glass is killing it as an AD guys. Absolutely killing it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Didn't get the memo? We're a swimming school again. (Now watch Lilly tank it at the NCAA's, sorry)

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I'm not positive on this but I think if you decline to host in your home gym than lower seed gets to. Don't think they let you hold on 'neutral' sites unless your arena is being used or renovated. Again I'm not sure on this but I'm thinking this could be the case.

They probably don't have a rule against it because only Glass is freakin stupid enough to decline a home game.