Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Let's be real, no matter how arrogant or how much of a "man" u think u are.  When ur kids get ripped on and u r constantly being heckled by fans, crap is gonna get to u.  I whole heartedly believe Crean wants to move on. The silence is waiting for him to find a new home.  My opinion.  

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The one middle of the pack season Zellers first season really should have been another conference title.  We had 3 WTF losses and if we had won 2 of them we would have gotten a share of the title.  

Some of those losses included WTF coaching decisions too.

Was that the year he inexplicably had Zeller defend the perimeter when a walk-on guard got a game winning layup?  

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Was that the year he inexplicably had Zeller defend the perimeter when a walk-on guard got a game winning layup?  

Oh I think all of them were poor Crean decisions, the Nebraska game imparticular.  

I finally read Doyel's latest article.  My take on it is he's picked up some inside info and knows the hammer's going to fall.  So not to look like a complete stooge because of the content of his last article, he cranks out this piece which puts him on the right side of what much of the fanbase wants.   I think news is imminent and then he can crow in his next article that he 'called it'.  It's like a sound bite.  Most people will simply remember the last article not his previous one that pushed for CTC to stay.  I think this is just another signal that CTC is gone.

On the drive home he was on the radio and when asked if Crean were at IU next year he said yes. Despite his article he said yes. He did caveat it with if some crazy happens then maybe not but he is still in the he is staying camp.

16 minutes ago, finky said:

I agree.  I know I will get beaten for saying this, I'm in the camp of no coach change needed.  I think IF WE COULD and I don't think we can, get a Stevens or Donovan then OK...but I think that is a pipe dream.  I'm also maybe wondering if not playing at home could have been a message to the players?  Something like "Playing at IU is a privilege, so you players need to check your ego" type of play?  Who knows.....

Thanks for the laugh.

The walk on guard was actually a 3-4 star forward, Tyler Griffey. And that was during Cody's sophomore season.

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

Took some time away from the board bc i was annoyed with thevrunors of Crean possibly returning. 

Now that a calmer mind is looking at it, he has to be gone. The Doyle article today spells it out perfectly. Glass is just letting Crean find a place. 

Look at it this way. All you guys and gals can become fans of the up and coming program at FGCU! At least it would give you an excuse to come to Naples/Fort Myers when it's cold up there! Cozy Alice Arena will be waiting as will "The Beach"!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Be there in June...

Except Glass said the coaching staff was on board with giving up the home game.

This statement speaks volumes to me. I don't care who or what you(coaches) portray yourself to be as a staff and as coaches. If you want your players to compete, you model the way. And that does not translate to running away from adversity, boos, or empty seats. There is no credibility within this staff if "they" chose to play in Atlanta.

16 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

That was the next year. And to be fair, that was a slight improvement over the Butler game, when a sophomore walk-on easily got by Hulls and got the winning layup with Zeller on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, incrediboy said:

That's sort of like a fat girl saying if a boy doesn't want her because she's fat, she doesn't want him anyway. 

Just realized this was the game thread and not the Fire Crean thread so I'm going over there to respond, sorry mods! 

So if it hasn't been said, I believe that the big breaking news that was happening over on 247 was that the players are supposedly not happy at all about having to play in Atlanta

Can't blame the players at all for being upset--it's like the university just quit on them--like we are supposed to lose. I still trust my gut---HE GONE--the details are still being worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners