Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

4 minutes ago, goiubb2000 said:

My latest letter to Mr. Glass:

Mr. Glass,

I am a graduate of Indiana University, a season ticket holder and a lifelong Hoosier fan. I am sure you have been getting a lot of email and I know this is just one more, however I felt compelled to write it. I am disappointed in our results as a basketball program and the decision to forego hosting the NIT game.

I am disappointed due to the amount of resources being allocated to the men's basketball program with very substandard results. The top ten recruiting budget along with a top ten salary for a head coach should result in similar top 10 results. Over the last seven years we have barely averaged top 10 results in the Big Ten Conference let alone nation wide. I would hope that a change would be in the future as these results are unacceptable.

I am also disappointed with the decision to not host an NIT game at Assembly Hall. This would have been an opportunity for kids that don't get an opportunity to come to regular season games due to cost and other constraints (ticket availability). Also, it would have been a great opportunity for the University to "donate" a big block of student tickets (since they are on spring break) to the local and Indianapolis Boys and Girls Clubs, Big Brothers Big Sister and other kids charities. It would have been a great atmosphere and would have made some kids very happy. This would have been a very positive PR event for the University and would have garnered headlines. 

Thank you for your time and I hope that a change will be made so we can be competitive and relevant in college basketball.

3/13/2017

Dear Sir:

Thank you for interest in the basketball program at Indiana University. We take your concerns very seriously and hope that you take pleasure in the traditions and successes that this program has and will continue to have in the future.

But seriously, don't I look sharp in these shades?

Very truly yours,

Fred 'Cool Dad' Glass '81, B.S, J.D., B.M.O.C.

Fred-Glass-IU-1_w540.jpg

6 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

If there is any silver lining in this, this is exactly how every other name program sounds before the big hire comes. At least we still have our expectations

The other name programs said enough is enough and went and got their guy, they showed they gave a crap.  I'm not sure that's true here.

I finally read Doyel's latest article.  My take on it is he's picked up some inside info and knows the hammer's going to fall.  So not to look like a complete stooge because of the content of his last article, he cranks out this piece which puts him on the right side of what much of the fanbase wants.   I think news is imminent and then he can crow in his next article that he 'called it'.  It's like a sound bite.  Most people will simply remember the last article not his previous one that pushed for CTC to stay.  I think this is just another signal that CTC is gone.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I finally read Doyel's latest article.  My take on it is he's picked up some inside info and knows the hammer's going to fall.  So not to look like a complete stooge because of the content of his last article, he cranks out this piece which puts him on the right side of what much of the fanbase wants.   I think news is imminent and then he can crow in his next article that he 'called it'.  It's like a sound bite.  Most people will simply remember the last article not his previous one that pushed for CTC to stay.  I think this is just another signal that CTC is gone.

Hopefully

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

The other name programs said enough is enough and went and got their guy, they showed they gave a crap.  I'm not sure that's true here.

Yep, it only took UK 2 bad hires to get serious.  And honestly if Tubby hadn't won a NC he would have been gone alot sooner

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Honestly this is a good article and he makes good points. The emphasis on him saying Glass made his decision two weeks ago says to me Crean is gone and has been. He is exactly right too. Why would either party even want to continue the relationship at this point? I sure as heck don't know but Doyel coming on board is big. He is the most respected journalist in the area. Sterling gets Glass's interviews first and Doyel gets Creans. That is big in the sense that were losing all of our faithful fans as I type this. The only way to bring them back now is to make the move. Let us hope for a L tomorrow night and a presser Wednesday or Thursday.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh I agree with him. I just think it is all so obvious to anyone paying attention.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Oh without a doubt he is trying to end up on the winning side.

2 minutes ago, finky said:

For what it's worth (which is probably equal to a dog turd)......I think the playing on the road in the NIT was Glass's last gift to CTC.  Kids on spring break, got it..ok.  Hasn't stopped them from scheduling during semester break and filling the Hall against teams who are sub 300 year after year.  If Crean was coming back, why not let him take some (assumed) heat from the fans and give the team a shot at a victory?  On the other hand, if a decision has been made and that game could be the last, why subject CTC to the "passionate" fan base.  Honestly, in this day and age in NCAA, who in the hell turns down a home game?  Where there is smoke, there's fire.  Go Hoosiers!

My opinion, and it's only my opinion, is that there is a zero chance Crean gets fired. He's won 2 B1G titles and reached the Sweet 16 twice in the past four years, then has a sub-par year when two major players are down with injuries (one all year and one for two-thirds of the conference season). If I were a much-sought-after coach and saw a school do that to its previous coach, I would have zero interest in taking on that job. I believe the only way Crean leaves is if it's HIS decision to do so. Sorry to clutter this thread with this post, but I don't know how to take a quote to another thread.

I would agree. He is not going to turn on clappy if he was coming back. Doyel needs access.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If my math is correct, page 920 means we are somewhere around 91-93% of the way to our goal.  Keep at it, boys!

Again, the irony though is that this thread was really started in support of Coach Crean in January 2014. The times.... They are a changin'.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Mile at 247 said this a few mins ago

OK guys. In order to put my inbox to rest, and me too.

Here's more I can share with you. Much as I have told all the great members asking what is going on.

Keep in mind. I have not had the time to verify this. You guys have kept me busy. And I will always answer questions... so long as they are cordial. Which all of them have been today.

And for those that have not gotten messages to their inbox. Please check your user name in the upper right of the board. It will appear green if you have gotten a message.

For all the others. Again, I have not had the time to verify. But it seems the soft landing for Crean is still in place. But rather than heading West. It is headed East.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A respected poster on another site (I'm not providing free plugs) just said a soft landing is in place but east not west for CTC.

Any speculation on what is east?  UMass?