Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

29 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/take_two/take-two-unveiling-a-coaching-wish-list-of-one/article_f7ee6536-aa82-5b4d-9f4b-1406e5d57d26.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dont know if this is posted already but you guys have been burning through it today lol. Bozich retweeted this.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Was Crean's  record really that good after his first three years?

May have been mentioned, but I've been thinking about the Missouri stories and I'm thinking there is something to them. It has been made public by multiple media sources that Missouri is interested in pursuing Crean. I have to believe that there is some kind of talk within the industry that they have a chance at him, why else would it be so well known they want him. That'd be like us saying we want Roy Williams and Coach K. There's no point in saying that cause there's no way of that happening.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

He has been posting similar info for awhile and said earlier in the week to expect a meeting this week. He has not said that Donovan to IU is a certainty though

correct - he did just add that Crean will, in fact, be leaving on his own and that if he were "a betting man," he'd put $ on Missouri.  So it's not all bad news...

As great as Billy would be/would have been, if we are talking long term-- Archie might be a better answer. 

Billy is 52. 15 years of prime at max. Sure, what could happen in that time would be great. Albeit, there is no hindsight to the hire. 1-2 year rebuild. That's 13 seasons to make a culture and live on it. I personally don't want to be back here for a long long time.

Archie is 38. We could potentially squeeze 30 years of an already established career. The man has recruited the Midwest as a HC and  Asst. He's been at 2 high level programs as an assistant and is trending upward in his career year by year. You give him the name "Indiana" to throw into recruiting pitches and I believe he brings in good results. 

I am for Archie. 

57 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If Crean is extended, I'll agree that Glass is not aligned with necessary expectations for the basketball program. If CTC, is back without an extension, I'd see that as a sign that Glass is holding out for the right hire and it wasn't there this year. I don't see Glass rushing this.

It's truly baffling to me that people actually believe Glass doesn't know how important the basketball team and making the right hire is to the long-term stability of his job, which I'm sure he values very, very highly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This worries me because I feel you may be correct. Short term, problem is still here. But long term itd be better for the program and as bad as I hate to sit and watch another season of his circle jerk handoffs at the top of the key. It make sense in a way. He knows that, he absolutely HAS to get it right.