Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

I would really advise people temper their expectations.  Even if a meeting is supposed to occur with his agent today, which would have to be a good sign, he could still say no.

I'll believe Crean is gone when it's announced, I'll believe Donovan is hired when it's announced.  I do not trust Glass.

It's like when you buy a PowerBall ticket.  The 2 days of hopes and dreams before the drawing are the real high.  The letdown is expected.

Seriously, Glass knows all about the importance of the basketball program.  He knows it from plebs like us.  And he knows it from mid-level boosters.  And he knows it from the Simon-Skjodt level, too (I've heard things from a buddy of a buddy...)  

Idk maybe it's more recent I'm sure money was flowing last year. 

Certainly. It'll be interesting to see final revenue from this season, but the money was still flowing two years ago when we were all calling for CTC's head. I haven't looked at attendance numbers for this season, but I wouldn't expect to see any significant decrease. Maybe a little one, but I bet we're still top 15 in attendance.

Fans gotta realize that they're their own worst enemies here. Our loyalty is permanent and never ending, meaning the cash will always be flowing.

I still think Crean is done here, and it was Glass telling him it's time to go. Hopefully Glass can land the right guy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 years total, only 1 at Big Ten level.

Hired a HC that has only been a coordinator for 2 total years, that doesn't make me like it more.

1 at Big Ten, but don't discount the USF season. They played Florida State, Syracuse, South Carolina...

Yes, it's just 2 seasons, but no reason to discount one of them.

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Here is the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

If Indiana wants to compete with the big boys, they need to "Play the recruiting game" like the big boys.

Crean IMO is as clean as you will find at this level. That is a big reason why he misses so much IMO. "Indiana Elite" things seem far less.

I don't advocate cheating at all, but if the NCAA doesn't bat an eye at these programs we are putting ourselves at a major competitive disadvantage.

I'm torn. I want a quality, respected coach who can get recruits. I don't want outright cheating but I'd like a level playing field.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If you can't beat em, join em. I would prefer not to get down in the mud with the top schools, but I would rather do that than lose "the right way." Holding IU to higher standards and getting mediocre results doesn't do much for me when other schools are reaping the rewards of operating in the dark areas. 

Isn't this the internet? He doesnt like Glass much like myself. All that we have heard is that Glass wants a soft landing for Crean. What about Indiana the school he works for? F Crean and his soft landing. I want whats best for Indiana, and if it doesn't work with Crean's soft landing then tough sh?t. This is becoming more about Glass/Crean than the task at hand which is finding a winning basketball coach. The tails wagging the dog at Indiana.

Love the f you attitude. That'll go really well in meetings with the next potential coach when we tell him he'll have all the support he needs to succeed after firing a coach who won the conference title the year previously, his second in five years, in addition to three trips to the Sweet Sixteen.

Seriously? A soft landing for Crean is important to Glass' reputation amongst coaches, who are a notoriously protective group. A soft landing for Crean IS what's best for Indiana.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I would still contend revenue could be higher than what it has been under Crean. While revenue has been high it could be better Crean has only had one season with Bandwagoners for example. Bandwagoners buying Merch would drive more sales. 

Who's wearing their We're Back shirt in 2017?

5 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Treesh- your commitment to IUBB is waning. Quit your job and get out there! Get us some INTEL

If we go off the rumor of a meeting with Donovan's agent there are a lot of variables in play there.  Who his agent is, where they are based (I doubt OKC), where the meeting occurs (I'd guess neutral location), etc.

I would still contend revenue could be higher than what it has been under Crean. While revenue has been high it could be better Crean has only had one season with Bandwagoners for example. Bandwagoners buying Merch would drive more sales. 

Yeah I agree if we were winning championships we'd be more relevant outside the actual fanbase. I just don't think we're actually that far off from our ceiling considering how much programs like Duke and UK bring in. You definitely right that it could be higher.

13 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Treesh- your commitment to IUBB is waning. Quit your job and get out there! Get us some INTEL

I wish I was still a student, I think I would have far more useful information. I had a lot of information during our #1 season in 2012-2013. Those were the days..

I'm committed to us getting a new coach, I've been over Crean since Syracuse. My love for IU basketball is hardly there anymore. Could care less if I missed a game. Growing up in HS/MS, i NEVER missed a game. Crean takes my love for IU basketball away.

We need a new face, a new leader, a new vision for iU Basketball. I believe help is on the way. 

As for the intel part, if there is a flight that MDN has information on, I'll get in the car and do my duties. 

Greg Doyel is on the radio down here in Jeffersonville. He says that Crean is not wired to leave and Glass will do whatever he has to do to not fire Crean. He thinks a small extension is coming.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Doyel is a crean apologist and would give him a life time extension of he could. Any extension would spell the end of iu bball for good.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Here is the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

If Indiana wants to compete with the big boys, they need to "Play the recruiting game" like the big boys.

Crean IMO is as clean as you will find at this level. That is a big reason why he misses so much IMO. "Indiana Elite" things seem far less.

I don't advocate cheating at all, but if the NCAA doesn't bat an eye at these programs we are putting ourselves at a major competitive disadvantage.

I'm torn. I want a quality, respected coach who can get recruits. I don't want outright cheating but I'd like a level playing field.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I completely agree. Every program cheats to an extent. Some programs just do more of it. IU has to start playing the game to get their share of the top notch recruits

http://www.columbiatribune.com/sports/take_two/take-two-unveiling-a-coaching-wish-list-of-one/article_f7ee6536-aa82-5b4d-9f4b-1406e5d57d26.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dont know if this is posted already but you guys have been burning through it today lol. Bozich retweeted this.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Love the f you attitude. That'll go really well in meetings with the next potential coach when we tell him he'll have all the support he needs to succeed after firing a coach who won the conference title the year previously, his second in five years, in addition to three trips to the Sweet Sixteen.

Seriously? A soft landing for Crean is important to Glass' reputation amongst coaches, who are a notoriously protective group. A soft landing for Crean IS what's best for Indiana.

My attitude is towards Crean although Glass is catching up. Indiana made Crean a millionaire and all we have is a sweet 16 banner that will be taken down soon after he leaves. To bring you up to speed, Indiana only hangs championship banners much like not retiring numbers or names on the back of jerseys. We are known for much more than candy stripes started by the General. I don't blame Crean for getting his, but Glass is accountable. All coaches know there is a good chance they will be fired. How many of them do you see get soft landings that you say is so important to potential coaches. BS.