Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Greg Doyel is on the radio down here in Jeffersonville. He says that Crean is not wired to leave and Glass will do whatever he has to do to not fire Crean. He thinks a small extension is coming.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

This makes it seem like Fred can't push his personal relationship with Crean aside - a MAJOR problem.

What has he seen to think Crean will bring us a Championship that the rest of the fanbase hasn't seen? I don't care how nice he is, I don't care how intense he is during practice and in games - the results aren't good enough. Period. He's had plenty of time and has done ok but Crean's ability to take us to the next level just isn't there.  

If Crean is given an extension - Glass needs to be fired immediately. 

Just now, Tom White said:

What? You don't think other places pay well? Arizona? OKC? UCLA? Virginia? Those places (and many others) have money too, you know.

They have less. Jay Wright just won a NC and he makes less than Crean for example

These insiders have nothing but their word granting them credibility on these forums. If they were merely "speculating", they'd certainly keep their opinions to themselves. Radio/newspaper schmucks (Doyel) are paid to put out their opinions and bring in viewers. Insiders are rewarded when the make the correct call early, media is rewarded when they get the most clicks. Who would you put more faith in?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They have less. Jay Wright just won a NC and he makes less than Crean for example

No one has speculated about Wright. As for the other places I mentioned having less? Seriously? Come on now.

Look, I'm not saying IU isn't a great job. I'm only saying people need to realistically look at both sides of the story before going overboard with a candidate.

Also, who is gunning for the AD position at IU and paying Fkfootball by the post to run the smear campaign on Glass here at BTB?

Fk, if you're sourced, great. But if not, why do you keep posting the same thing that contradicts sourced individuals if you're purely speculating? Not that forum credibility has any importance in real life, but you're taking a pretty hard stance if you don't have concrete reasons to say Crean is staying.

5 minutes ago, Tom White said:

No one has speculated about Wright. As for the other places I mentioned having less? Seriously? Come on now.

Look, I'm not saying IU isn't a great job. I'm only saying people need to realistically look at both sides of the story before going overboard with a candidate.

They have less also. Big Ten Network is a money maker. 

I think Glass is an incompetent AD. I have questioned his hire from the beginning. What is his background in sports? No substance there fundamentally.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

You've stated you believe he's incompetent. Definitely difficult to support that given the improvement in football (typically the highest revenue collegiate sport) and the basketball program being one of the most valuable and highest revenue generating programs in the country (article has been posted before, too lazy to find). Combine that with facility improvements, and improvements of other teams, and I don't see room for a strong opposition to Glass.

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You've stated you believe he's incompetent. Definitely difficult to support that given the improvement in football (typically the highest revenue collegiate sport) and the basketball program being one of the most valuable and highest revenue generating programs in the country (article has been posted before, too lazy to find). Combine that with facility improvements, and improvements of other teams, and I don't see room for a strong opposition to Glass.

We just fired the football coach and lost our 2 best assistants and our basketball program is making a fraction of what it could. 

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If Crean is coaching IU next year, or worse extended, Glass needs to go. Championships need to be the #1 goal for IU basketball - if he believes Crean is the guy to bring banner 6 - he's worse than incompetent, he's delusional. 

Just now, mdiu28 said:

If Crean is coaching IU next year, or worse extended, Glass needs to go. Championships need to be the #1 goal for IU basketball - if he believes Crean is the guy to bring banner 6 - he's worse than incompetent, he's delusional. 

Not necessarily. Just read an article recently about how well Glass is doing for the school financially. As long as he's bringing in the $$$ I don't think a lot of people will care. 

We just fired the football coach and lost our 2 best assistants and our basketball program is making a fraction of what it could. 

That's just incorrect. We sellout games consistently and justa received the largest single donation in program history. Our lackluster results are not actually materially impacting our revenue.

Also, firings and departures are business as usual activities. We just made back to back bowl games, hired a promising but unproven coach, and brought in a handful of extremely talented assistant coaches with strong background at SEC programs. We'll see how CTA pans out, but our football team has been on a steady climb, and appears ready to continue on that trajectory.