Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I truly believe Crean is gone but here are my 2 cents:

It was mentioned in a previous post that Stevens does not like Glass because when Glass reached out in the past the talks weren't serious. This could be exactly what is going on with Alford or Marshall or whom whoevers name might be linked to IU at the time. Just because a coach has been contacted does not mean the talks are serious. I think the fact that Billy D's agent is supposedly meeting with IU people today speaks volumes to me.

If Glass brings back Crean after the way this season has gone, then he is really calling the bluff on all of us diehard IU fans out here that we won't support next years team. If he calls our bluff, then he better realize he is putting his job on the chopping block due to the lack of support that will be reciprocated.

16 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

These insiders are speculating. I'm telling you guys, prepare for the worst.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

So you're saying that all of the insiders are purely speculating, yet your advise to "prepare for the worst" because Crean will be back is based solely on gut feeling and (wait for it).... personal speculation?? Not trying to pick on you, I just don't understand where you're coming from on this. Seems a tad trollish... or maybe just really pessimistic??

15 minutes ago, Treesh said:

But but.. CTC was coach of the year last year. Don't forget the two big ten championships in 4 years!

Nice!

....and my superstar twisted an ankle mid-way through December.

....and my power forward got dumped by girl friend and didn't play well in the beginning of January.

....and my point guard had hemorrhoids during the crossroads classic. 

These insiders are speculating. I'm telling you guys, prepare for the worst.

I'm not freaking out, but this wouldn't really surprise me.

Good thing is, we will know very soon.

I also think insiders are speculating a bit.

Recruiting and Glass non vote of confidence are the most concrete evidence IMO. Even more than "Insiders".

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, 323SGrant said:

Sean Miller would be fine with me.

Has anyone considered Bobby Hurley?  Just throwing that out there for discussion and ridicule.

I can't think of anyone else out West besides Steve and Sean.

He may be tired of playing second fiddle to Sean.

1 minute ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Greg Doyel is on the radio down here in Jeffersonville. He says that Crean is not wired to leave and Glass will do whatever he has to do to not fire Crean. He thinks a small extension is coming.

The university better be prepared for a riot if he's given an extension.... I kid, of course... :120:

for what it's worth....Sean Miller is the PAC-10 COY.

He isn't going anywhere.

You're right. When people speculate on these coaches, they should be asking "Why would they leave their current job?"

Don't forget to remove your cream & crimson sunglasses when you ponder that.

3 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Greg Doyel is on the radio down here in Jeffersonville. He says that Crean is not wired to leave and Glass will do whatever he has to do to not fire Crean. He thinks a small extension is coming.

Crean is gone, there is no extension coming.  Any extension would be flimsy at best and torn to shreds by every other coach recruiting the same players.  Doyle is just talking to hear himself speak.

5 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Doyle is a troll who says things to get clicks on his article.  He actually said in last night's article that IU's best bet was to stick with Crean and let him improve.  What idiot can't see its been 9 years and there's been no improvement?

1 minute ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Glass would be signing off on his own firing if that is the case.

I had dealings with Ed Schilling years ago when he was still coaching high school ball and he and Alford are birds of a feather IMO when it comes to character.

Here is the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

If Indiana wants to compete with the big boys, they need to "Play the recruiting game" like the big boys.

Crean IMO is as clean as you will find at this level. That is a big reason why he misses so much IMO. "Indiana Elite" things seem far less.

I don't advocate cheating at all, but if the NCAA doesn't bat an eye at these programs we are putting ourselves at a major competitive disadvantage.

I'm torn. I want a quality, respected coach who can get recruits. I don't want outright cheating but I'd like a level playing field.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners