Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

3 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

I heard billy is in nicks as we speak eating lunch with Fred

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm starting to take my time when i'm out and about here in Bloomington. You'll never know what you'll hear or see..

Presser next Thursday/Friday. Fred is going to announce Crean has resigned and we're not going to accept an NIT invitation. Then he'll go on about the process of finding a new coach will start asap. 

I agree that is how it would go . I never though he would fire him but he is probably being paid alot of money to go away. I suspect we will lose Wednesday and we can get on with it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

Could we play tomorrow at noon and then just go ahead and play again tomorrow night at 9PM vs Ohio state again?  The 9:00PM game will be considered our 1st round game of the B1G tourney. 

...we've already laid the tracks...now we're just going to back the train up....a one and a two!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

And Crean was on Izzo's bench.  Although he didn't play at a high level.

A credible source told me that Crean never actually watched the games on the Michigan State bench. He was usually seen either not facing the court or with his eyes closed while continuously mumbling "they need to play faster..."

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I've come to terms with the fact that the next week+ is going to be completely dead silent. Anyone with sources is probably wrong. We might get that totally anonymous new account that gives the scoop a couple hours before a presser but that's it. Just let it ride out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree with this, I'm hesitant to believe any inside source rumor anyway, but now I'm beginning to wonder about those who have decent track records with sourced information whether they have actually been fed reliable info this time around. 

Gotta believe any talks with Crean about being replaced, and any talks with potential candidates has got to have been kept under tight wraps with minimal participants.

4 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

Would think Crean will be pissed.  So it'll be visible evidence about what's going on.  Will hit up a source very, very close to the situation and see what they have to say.  

He seemed quite "pissy" during the Purdue game, both during the game action, during timeouts and after the game (including his sprint through the handshake line before it began).

I agree with this, I'm hesitant to believe any inside source rumor anyway, but now I'm beginning to wonder about those who have decent track records with sourced information whether they have actually been fed reliable info this time around. 

Gotta believe any talks with Crean about being replaced, and any talks with potential candidates has got to have been kept under tight wraps with minimal participants.

Aka the article that was posted on an IU site about candidates for our next coach which has been taken down. Add that to the football players situation to Greg Gottfried from the IDS. It is starting to look more and more guys close to the program are speaking out and Crean doesn't like it. Add to it Bleacher Report, SI and Yahoo have all said he is gone, we have quite a few more sources claiming he isn't coming back to he is which seems to be Danny Bridges, Dan Dakich, Terry Hutchens kinda and the Crimson Quarry as the only ones claiming that. Even half of those guys aren't saying it is certain he is back. I like our chances of a new coach roaming the sidelines. There is also the biglead, ontheearth and a few other sites claiming he is gone but haven't really seen much of sources wise by them.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

"And now, the end is near
And so He faces the final curtain
My friends, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain. "

He's freakin gone boys!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Darn you, Nips.  That reminded me of a video of Derek Jeter's final hit, a walk off single, set to that song; right in the feels again.

Thanks a lot.

We need to fix the real problem at IU. Get rid of our incompetent Athletic Director. He needs to go back to the courtroom where he belongs.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

A lot of the AD's have a legal background due to the massive compliance knowledge one has to have from the NCAA. Some schools are leaning towards the business side of the office to treat their program more like a business. As for our situation, look at when he was hired. Now does it make sense why we hired a lawyer in our situation when we did?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app