Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Watch us lose to a couple Northwestern/Penn State/Nebraska's this year. Crean's cheeks might start getting a little toasty, if not from administration, IU fans as a whole. Not saying it would be right or wrong, just saying.

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="28465" timestamp="1389141364"]Watch us lose to a couple Northwestern/Penn State/Nebraska's this year. Crean's cheeks might start getting a little toasty, if not from administration, IU fans as a whole. Not saying it would be right or wrong, just saying.[/quote]

Something would be seriously wrong if we lost to Northwestern. That's really the only easy win right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Something would be seriously wrong if we lost to Northwestern. That's really the only easy win right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There's really no reason to lose to any of them.  (I still can't believe we lost to Nebraska...)

There's really no reason to lose to any of them.  (I still can't believe we lost to Nebraska...)

Outside of Syracuse, that may have been the worst game to be on the internet for.  Maybe Illinois last year.  

Outside of Syracuse, that may have been the worst game to be on the internet for.  Maybe Illinois last year.  

Oh, that sucked.  Not to mention all the blaming of Hulls posters did for missing a free throw, and that never ended.

Verdell f-ed up pretty bad in that game too, so it wasn't just Hulls.

Not ready to fire him yet, but definitely want to see him learn from mistakes and try to adapt and overcome.

Faults I see:

Little Basketball IQ on the floor.  Other than Will and Yogi nobody else in the rotation seems to have much.  Can't just play guys because they have long arms ond a good vertical.

Turnovers seem to be acceptable by Noah, Troy and Jeremy.  Watch Ethrington make one and his butt is getting chewed out and sent to the bench.

Not running any set plays.  Everyone just works their space and drives to the basket.  Didn't see a decent pick set against MSU until Hartman came into the game.

Vonleh has to be a top player against good teams.  He has virtually disappeared in the second halves of games against good competition.  Only thrives against physically inferior teams. (Definitely not playing near the hype yet)

Substitution pattern sucks.  He wants to sub starters in up to the last minute of blowout games, even when the starters quit playing D against MSU.

Won't give shooters a chance.  Hartman and Ethrington should be put in to see what they can do.  Now when they do get in, they are always on the weak side of the floor and never get a pass in the flow of the offense.  Have to have time and shots to build up confidense.

Run Fisher off.  Luke played his best half of ball all year in the first half of the Kennesaw State game and should have started the second half. Instead he got to sit on the bench and watch Jeff Howard play in front of him. Looked like the final straw to me.

He promises kids the world to come to Bloomington and just kills them in practice.  Then when gametime comes, they get to sit on the bench and watch the others turn the ball over repeatedly without ever getting a real chance to play.

Not ready to fire him yet, but several of these things are able to be improved upon.  Pretty sure I was the lowest win total (4) in the BIG10 season thread.  Now I am wondering if I guessed too high.

Won't give shooters a chance.  Hartman and Ethrington should be put in to see what they can do.  Now when they do get in, they are always on the weak side of the floor and never get a pass in the flow of the offense.  Have to have time and shots to build up confidense.

Run Fisher off.  Luke played his best half of ball all year in the first half of the Kennesaw State game and should have started the second half. Instead he got to sit on the bench and watch Jeff Howard play in front of him. Looked like the final straw to me

i agree with almost all of your points. Except these 2. I feel like putting in those 2 players during a big game, everyone will whine and wonder why they are in. I dont know if putting jeff howard was the last straw or the sole reason, but i do feel it was a combination of things for fischer.

Do I want to get rid of Tom Crean? You bet I do! I think he is a great guy, and he is enthusiastic, but he isn't a coach.

I haven't liked his system since he came in. His offence sucks! He doesn't know how to post a big man inside and throw the ball to him. Winning teams play inside and outside. 

He doesn't discipline. I would bench players that are throwing the ball away like this team does. I don't care how young a team is, they have to be taught, and part of being taught is discipline. 

He is a great recruiter, but he isn't a coach. 

How many times has Crean no closed out on a three point shooter? Or just dribbled out of bounds? Or passed to no one at all?

Coaches coach. Players play.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

How many times has Crean no closed out on a three point shooter? Or just dribbled out of bounds? Or passed to no one at all?

Coaches coach. Players play.

Players have to be held accountable though, and just talking about accountability like Crean does doesn't count.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="28912" timestamp="1389460853"]Players have to be held accountable though, and just talking about accountability like Crean does doesn't count.[/quote]

Agreed. But I just hate when people want to fire ANY coach because his players do stupid stuff. It's not like Crean teaches those things.

As far as accountability, Jeremy hasn't played yet

Agreed. But I just hate when people want to fire ANY coach because his players do stupid stuff. It's not like Crean teaches those things.

As far as accountability, Jeremy hasn't played yet

Jeremy is far from the only player that's screwed up.  Every starter has a 20+% turnover rate.

This team is poorly coached, period.  There aren't many saying he needs to be fired, but he absolutely needs to do a better job.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="28935" timestamp="1389461762"]Jeremy is far from the only player that's screwed up. Every starter has a 20+% turnover rate.

There aren't many saying he needs to be fired, but he absolutely needs to do a better job.[/quote]

Not to be smart but there is a whole thread about it.

Do I want to get rid of Tom Crean? You bet I do! I think he is a great guy, and he is enthusiastic, but he isn't a coach.

I haven't liked his system since he came in. His offence sucks! He doesn't know how to post a big man inside and throw the ball to him. Winning teams play inside and outside. 

He doesn't discipline. I would bench players that are throwing the ball away like this team does. I don't care how young a team is, they have to be taught, and part of being taught is discipline. 

He is a great recruiter, but he isn't a coach. 

Coach doesn't treat all of the players equal.  That's bad for discipline and the team.  That's why we aren't playing team ball.  No coach in his right mind would be letting guys turn the ball over and make stupid plays without sitting him on the bench and let him think about it.  Said player will know that he will get right back in and can do whatever he wants as long as he is in the top 9 of the rotation.