Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

"Said that IU hasn't reached out to anyone btw."

There's so many levels to this. What does he mean by "IU?" No, IU hasn't reached out but there have been discussions with possible replacements.

If I reach out to Billie Jo a few towns over and ask her what she thinks about my friend Ian did Ian actually reach out to Billie Jo?

Idk I kinda felt creepy enough messaging him tp begin with lol but I had to see if it had legs. I couldnt stand the thought of another crean year. Still could happen but seems like he likes starting drama. If Hutch commented on his post he has to have some connections just dont know how good. I sent him a message back but he isnt responding again so maybe someone else try or we just wait till we hear something more concrete. If it were true I would have kept the post up to gloat when it became true. Most people would. That makes me discredit the post entirely.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I just dont get why Crean himself would want to be back. The fan base hates him!! The team will be worse next year so unless some miracle happens we dont improve much. And with the buyout at a million he is gone without a great season which isnt gonna happen. He is gonna bring in more freshmen and he is gonna deal with the "immaturity" even more. Why not get a start towards building your next program? I am confused by Crean wanting to stick around more than what Glass does with him. The longer Crean struggles w us the more his name loses value. He will be coaching mississippi valley state if he hangs around much longer.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

That's why he keeps scheduling all the cupcakes. They're job interviews.

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure what Hutch's end game is... I always liked him when he was around here, but I just read an article he wrote that was in my local paper and it just goes on and on saying he shouldn't be fired for 2 B1G championships & 3 Sweet Sixteen Appearances.

Basically saying it isn't Crean's fault the players can't hit shots, freshman making freshman mistakes, and turnovers.

He ends the article saying if we lose out there is a chance, but it sounds like he thinks Crean is safe from that article to and is calling out fans who have "friends" or "sources" saying otherwise.

Don't know if he is trying to protect credentials or if he actually knows things here but.....

2 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Not sure what Hutch's end game is... I always liked him when he was around here, but I just read an article he wrote that was in my local paper and it just goes on and on saying he shouldn't be fired for 2 B1G championships & 3 Sweet Sixteen Appearances.

Basically saying it isn't Crean's fault the players can't hit shots, freshman making freshman mistakes, and turnovers.

He ends the article saying if we lose out there is a chance, but it sounds like he thinks Crean is safe from that article to and is calling out fans who have "friends" or "sources" saying otherwise.

Don't know if he is trying to protect credentials or if he actually knows things here but.....

Worst. News. Ever.

Danny Bridges has had articles published by the Indianapolis Recorder. Now let me ask this. As much **** as everyone gives Dakich, don't you think he would be the first to go out on his soapbox to tell everyone they were wrong if that was 100%? Like many here and elsewhere he has heard something and running with it. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'd like to ask these media 'experts' one question:  If this debacle of a season is about injuries and untalented players, how do you explain the play of this team in the first month of the season?  The KU game was a good win and the performance against UNC was as good as a CTC team can play.  Same players except OG, but it's not like OG was the lone reason we shot lights out. and played great defense (first half especially)  No, this team has gotten worse as the season has progressed when it should have improved - that's teaching, preparation, and psychology - and it's not the first season this has happened.

Another point I'd like to touch on is recruiting.  It seems CTC has basically alienated in-state coaches and players (that well has gone dry) and now, with the tweets by RJ's coach it appears he's done the same with that area.  This is a sinking ship, plain and simple.  We see it and I believe the media types prefer to ignore it.

11 hours ago, ap2345 said:

I just saw on 247 that mile posted some updated info:

Reach outs to :

Stevens. Still not giving up, despite his telling us no

Donovan. Don't want to say where it stands for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

Sean and Archie. Further down the list.

Dane. Personally, don't understand this,unless it is a stop gap, unless IU fails with the one's above.

No reach outs to :

Alford, Mack, or Marshall. And one other I can't remember the name of.

He said that things went well with Donovan when they reached out but his sources have gone quiet recently on that front. He said they could be trying to keep it quiet until the season is over and don't want any leaks.

Trying to decipher the Donovan part. The pessimist in me says it's falling apart, but I could also see why they're trying to avoid leaks. I'm I looking too much into it?

Well if that happens I won't watch a single game next year or any year after until he's gone.

Seriously, what would change next year. Our biggest need is a playmaking PG, and Tommy has failed yet again to bring one in. His positionless system needs a position player, and either his ego, or his ability, or both have failed us yet again.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

He's gone guys. This is all a smokescreen

I agree with this.  Based on reading this and a few other boards, it kind of sounds like IU is wanting to put out conflicting information for fear of things catching on in the national media.

The mere mention of "IU hasn't reached out to anyone" is completely ridiculous and goes against everything that has been accepted as common knowledge for the last few weeks.