Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Crean will be here next year. Hes down here watching Langford and Jallow. I take that as a sign that he has a future at IU.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

As of now he is still the HC so he still has duties to fulfill. If I'm going to leave my job I don't just show up to work and not do my job while I'm still there. That's all I get from it, not reading too much in to it. Besides even if he is coaching somewhere else next year he is still going to want Romeo whether he has a chance or not.

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

I went ahead and removed it because technically it's a no-no but if 41 or Pap give it the thumbs up I'll put it back in there for ya.

Okay.  I thought that might be the case.       

Crean will be here next year. Hes down here watching Langford and Jallow. I take that as a sign that he has a future at IU.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Your logic makes no sense. He is not going to stop recruiting he is still employed and will coach somewhere next year.Not sure why he is wasting his time on Romeo. He will never play for crean. Wasn't crean like 0 for 21 on star players this year?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Guys...you're missing the obvious. New Albany is playing Bloomington North. That's the school of Riley Crean. Not sure if Riley still hoops this year, but even if he doesn't, it's a Friday night out for the Crean family.

Riley Crean isn't playing for North this year. 

Guys...you're missing the obvious. New Albany is playing Bloomington North. That's the school of Riley Crean. Not sure if Riley still hoops this year, but even if he doesn't, it's a Friday night out for the Crean family.

I don't think he does anymore, but the rest. Yes

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Romeo may not be in play for wherever Crean ends up, but Musa Jallow very well may be. Could be some other D1 talent at NA too...not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Like others have noted, Crean still has a job to do. He's not going to go into tomorrow's game and just lay an egg (well he usually always does, but you know what I mean)

He's too damn proud of himself for anyone to tell him he's fired. I'm in the belief that Glass has informed him already, Crean is too damn proud to quite recruiting, quit coaching, quit clapping. He just won't stop until its finally official.

Like others have noted, Crean still has a job to do. He's not going to go into tomorrow's game and just lay an egg (well he usually always does, but you know what I mean)

He's too damn proud of himself for anyone to tell him he's fired. I'm in the belief that Glass has informed him already, Crean is too damn proud to quite recruiting, quit coaching, quit clapping. He just won't stop until its finally official.

Even if he has stopped recruiting for IU (debatable) he still has to maintain relationships with players he could conceivably recruit elsewhere.

Edit: plus I agree with Stu. He is a basketball man. This is where you take your family on a Friday night when your son's school is playing NA.

Even if he has stopped recruiting for IU (debatable) he still has to maintain relationships with players he could conceivably recruit elsewhere.

Edit: plus I agree with Stu. He is a basketball man. This is where you take your family on a Friday night when your son's school is playing NA.

Just wait till tomorrow night when crean does or doesn't speak people are going to try to read into his every word lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Collins recruiting Chicago with the iu brand intrigues me very much.

I honestly don't want anything to do with Chicago. If there's a kid from Chicago that begs to play at IU I'm good but don't want to be recruiting Chicago. EVERYONE has their hand out for something there (for any legit recruit)

I actually think he still thinks he can salvage this and get another year.
I don't think glass has told him anything yet and probably shouldn't until the season is over.

Guys...you're missing the obvious. New Albany is playing Bloomington North. That's the school of Riley Crean. Not sure if Riley still playing hoops this year, but even if he isn't, it's a Friday night out for the Crean family.

Would makes sense cause crean has zero shot at romeo.