Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

33 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

1. It's not Fred's way of doing things
2. Crean doesn't deserve to be fired for his performance at IU. It would have been a great ride for 95% of college ball teams out there. It's just not enough at IU.

You can't fire Crean based on his recent performance over the last 5 years. You have to part ways because you don't think the future will get any better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In that 5 year time he missed the tournament twice and a third was a 10 seed first game loss, also in that time if he didn't win the conference he didn't even finish top 4.  Yes, that can be fired.

12 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Bennett has Virginia playing the 38th most efficient offense in the country. Just because they're slow, doesn't mean they're uneffective. They basically have IU's efficiency, but with KenPom's #1 defense in the country. Imagine what he could do at a school with some recruiting pull.

I'm at work you can't post things that get me that excited

27 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Bennett has Virginia playing the 38th most efficient offense in the country. Just because they're slow, doesn't mean they're ineffective. They basically have IU's efficiency, but with KenPom's #1 defense in the country. Imagine what he could do at a school with some recruiting pull.

He already recruits better in Indiana than Crean. 

Since 1982, only four teams have won the NC averaging less than 75 pts a game.  

Comparing an erratic, Crean coached offense vs Bennett in Virginia is a non-starter.  Crean isn't someone who stands in the way of Bennett and a NC.  It's Calipari, Coach K, Boeheim, Izzo, Self and Williams.

I like Bennett.  Solid character.  But the scheme, to me, is too restrictive for banners.  He'll always run a very very good program, though.  But it doesn't seem to have the fire power to go up against the powerhouses in single-elimination above.    

I hope I'm wrong, though.  I like him.   

Good points. I wonder if he would be able to open up his offense a little bit if he were able to recruit better here. Agree that his offenses have to improve, but they're definitely efficient at the snail's pace they run. I would take my chances on him though. I love the guy as a coach.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Good points. I wonder if he would be able to open up his offense a little bit if he were able to recruit better here. Agree that his offenses have to improve, but they're definitely efficient at the snail's pace they run. I would take my chances on him though. I love the guy as a coach.

Me too.  Well, only if he ends up coaching Indiana.  :)  If not, I hope his offense makes WWI action look like the Enterprise kicking in the warp drive. :P