Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

If only we had OG in conference play!! His 10 assists to 14 turnover, in conference play, pace would have helped so much.

We're a bad, dumb team. I would hate to see our stats if we didn't consume those 8 cupcakes in the noncon.

That's exactly why those stats with and without OG are skewed. The graphic against Minnesota? The announcers conveniently forgot to mention that almost half of those games were against the frosty, velvety, scrumptious, delicious cupcakes. IU was 5-6 with OG against meaningful competition

4:35 on 2/22/17.

We have fallen in the last 7/8 games and Crean is still our coach.

Fancy that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think many if any think we are making a move with a handful of games left. Hell, maybe the move has been made but hasn't leaked out like NC St.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I don't think many if any think we are making a move with a handful of games left. Hell, maybe the move has been made but hasn't leaked out like NC St.

Agreed. IU shouldn't make a move with just a few games left. Fire him the day after they lose in the B1G tournament and that's that

Agreed. IU shouldn't make a move with just a few games left. Fire him the day after they lose in the B1G tournament and that's that

I do expect within a week after the season a move to be made. At this point it has to. It is academic imo.

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I do expect within a week after the season a move to be made. At this point it has to. It is academic imo.

Yep. You have to fire him as soon as possible. Before the NCAA tournament is ideal. But I do still think it should be the day after losing in the B1G tournament

I agree, but deep down inside me I'm ready to open up this site or Twitter and see...

"I fully support Tom Crean."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I agree, but deep down inside me I'm ready to open up this site or Twitter and see...

"I fully support Tom Crean."

The fact that Fred hasn't said that yet should be a sign.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys realize that in conference play, we have 186 assists and 227 turnovers?!?

That's a B1G assist to turnovers ratio of 81%.

Wow.

Freaking pathetic. I completely agree that the head coach is ultimately responsible for everything, but hard not to say WTF to the players for this stat. 3 Junior guards?!? STOP throwing the ball to the other team, out of bounds and /or traveling!

I know, I know they're told to play fast, blah, blah, blah. But these guys have played a lot of ball and know they are doing dumb stuff. Quit.It. Obviously it has been a systemic issue and Crean allows it. Doesn't give the players a pass for doing it. Maddening.  

Side note: does anyone know why Remy Abel was asked to leave the program a few years ago? If so can you send me a DM? I heard Kent Sterling talk about it on his radio show.

From my sources, it was Remy's decision way before the season even ended. Didn't like the situation here at IU.

Ive spent almost a decade of watching poor fundamental basketball and hoping it got better.  I will finish out this season as a fan. If Crean is retained, then Im out. Im not wasting any more of my life watching this coach lead the Hoosiers. The only hope I have at this point is we tank the rest of the way and Glass/McRobbie are forced to make a change. 

The last time we went through this, the year we lost to Wichita State and people were really ready to move on after 17-15 and 20-14 finishes, Glass' vote of confidence came on March 5th. I'm not convinced.

I will not be tuning in on Saturday, or any future games this year.  My stomach and bowels can not handle any more of this senseless type of basketball.  I feel sorry for the players, and fear we lose a couple via transfer and a couple of the recruits if a replacement for Crean is not forthcoming very soon.  Sad state of affairs.

29 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I really hope you are right. It seems like such a no-brainer at this point, but I'm trying not to get too excited only to be disappointed. 

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

The last time we went through this, the year we lost to Wichita State and people were really ready to move on after 17-15 and 20-14 finishes, Glass' vote of confidence came on March 5th. I'm not convinced.

This is my worry as well. I remember being pretty confident he would be let go only to have Fred punch me in the gut.