Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Man, am I glad that I went to bed at half-time. I could see the writing on the wall that this game was not going to end well! Same mistakes, same coaching decisions, same crap game in and game out for the last 9 years! If he is not gone this year, the admin should fine coach $1,000 for every turnover, $10,000 for every drawn up out of bounds play that ends up in the other teams hands, and $25,000 for every post game excuse that passes blame to the players; maybe that would change how the games go! Plus I think he would return every dime of his contract salary from the year to fund the incoming replacements salary, lol! Just looking at the stats up to last night, there are 430 turnovers so far, that's a lot of cash.

8 hours ago, Magnanimous said:

Just spoke with someone very high up the chain of command. Not to leave everyone waiting in the dark here, but it sounds like the process of removing Crean is beginning to get rolling. I should have more information this weekend.

Any indication as to who they are looking at? And is this a amicable split or a forced removal?

Ok...everyone take a huge breath.... he gone! Mr. Crean, thank you for your service to my beloved University....now show yourself out Sample gates. We have a new....er....the coach who you have been sucking up all their oxygen for the past 9 years. You filled that hole for way too long, but you did your job. Now get the F%&÷ out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Ok...everyone take a huge breath.... he gone! Mr. Crean, thank you for your service to my beloved University....now show yourself out Sample gates. We have a new....er....the coach who you have been sucking up all their oxygen for the past 9 years. You filled that hole for way too long, but you did your job. Now get the F%&÷ out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

I love your sense of optimism here! Yes, we are happy he lead the team from the darkness to at least back to the national spotlight, but yes go....go yesterday.... I promise there are greener pastures..... there will be another program to welcome you into their arms.... but don't let the door hit you were the good Lord split ya!!!!!! All the debating and arguing on who will replace him, at this point if the potential replacement can teach fundamental 6th grade BBall, understands in-game decisions, plays the best players without subbing for erroneous reasons, understands X's and O's are not just letters in the alphabet, understands that there are true grit, blue-blood ballers right here in this state, and understands where blame falls for failures, I'M IN!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Yogi'sBicep said:

I will post Hoiberg until someone acknowledges it. 

I acknowledge it.

I don't know if he's interested, or if we are interested, but he could be an excellent choice:

• NBA and college head coaching experience
  • Not bigger than the program
  • Young
  • Overachieved as a college head coach at a power 5 conference
  • Excellent face of the program
  • Very good player in college and pros
  • Supposedly an X's and O's guy

That doesn't mean he's the only excellent choice or the best choice...only that he COULD be the best choice.

5 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I'm curious as to why someone wouldn't like Hoiberg? He's failed in the NBA with my Bulls but he was a SOLID college coach well on his way to winning a championship IMO. I'd take him in a second.  

He never won his conference and never made an elite 8. And his teams sucked defensively  not as bad as Crean but didn't play good enough D to win it all 

PASS

I'm curious as to why someone wouldn't like Hoiberg? He's failed in the NBA with my Bulls but he was a SOLID college coach well on his way to winning a championship IMO. I'd take him in a second.  

I would honestly rather have Gregg Marshall and he is at about 7 or 8 on my list. Hopefully we go higher than that. He was not on his way to a championship. His best year was 28-8 with a Sweet 16. He didn't recruit at a level to get there. Obviously Kansas has controlled that conference for years. He had a 49-39 record in conference after taking over for McDermott. Tournament wise they made it to the Sweet 16 once. Honestly if he didn't play in the NBA for the Bulls he wouldn't be coaching there now. Pass for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app