Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

9 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Its more due to Title IX and giving women an equal # of scholarships. Since football has 85, most mens teams don't have a scholarship for every athlete.

Very true so the likes of Volleyball and women s tennis get full rides. Baseball should get full rides 

8 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Westbrook is gonna go to the Lakers imo. He's from there, went to college there and he would truly be the man there. The Thunder are about to fall off the NBA map. Ergo, Donovan returns to college

Supposedly Westbrook and the Unibrow (A. Davis) are ALREADY talking about joining up in L.A. to help the Lakers beat Golden State and LeBron.http://www.nba.com/article/2016/11/04/new-orleans-pelicans-struggling-anthony-davis-frustration and the NBA has occasionally been "accommodating" in allowing the Lakers to make some pretty one-sided moves and trades to re-stock their roster.

As a Laker fan, I would love Westbrook to come to LA. That being said, I don't see it happening especially after signing that new extension this past summer. In fact I don't think Russ will ever leave OKC just too prove a point he's not a quitter. Just my two cents though.

Oladipo hasn't panned out so well for OKC and their roster is quite unimpressive. Unless they make a big splash this summer, it could be some time before they contend for a title.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

As a Laker fan, I would love Westbrook to come to LA. That being said, I don't see it happening especially after signing that new extension this past summer. In fact I don't think Russ will ever leave OKC just too prove a point he's not a quitter. Just my two cents though.

Oladipo hasn't panned out so well for OKC and their roster is quite unimpressive. Unless they make a big splash this summer, it could be some time before they contend for a title.

you do realize that new extension still allows Westbrook to opt out in 2018, right? which I fully expect him to do if Presti can't bring more talent in sooner rather than later: http://thunderousintentions.com/2016/12/29/okc-thunder-next-move/ 

17 minutes ago, sierracoach said:

Supposedly Westbrook and the Unibrow (A. Davis) are ALREADY talking about joining up in L.A. to help the Lakers beat Golden State and LeBron.http://www.nba.com/article/2016/11/04/new-orleans-pelicans-struggling-anthony-davis-frustration and the NBA has occasionally been "accommodating" in allowing the Lakers to make some pretty one-sided moves and trades to re-stock their roster.

Yeah I've seen that as well. Count me on the bandwagon that doesn't believe Westbrook and Davis would be a good combo

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

Yeah I've seen that as well. Count me on the bandwagon that doesn't believe Westbrook and Davis would be a good combo

from a pure basketball standpoint they might not--but the NBA is nothing if not a "players' league" and if they seriously think they want to play together, I suspect their agents and the Lakers (or Clippers, with Ballmer's $$$) could work something out, even well before Davis' contract w/ the Pelicans runs out.

you do realize that new extension still allows Westbrook to opt out in 2018, right? which I fully expect him to do if Presti can't bring more talent in sooner rather than later: http://thunderousintentions.com/2016/12/29/okc-thunder-next-move/ 

Fully aware. But with KD leaving OKC. I don't see Russ doing the same thing.

5 minutes ago, sierracoach said:

from a pure basketball standpoint they might not--but the NBA is nothing if not a "players' league" and if they seriously think they want to play together, I suspect their agents and the Lakers (or Clippers, with Ballmer's $$$) could work something out, even well before Davis' contract w/ the Pelicans runs out.

Anthony Davis is for sure gonna leave New Orleans. And I also believe that Russell Westbrook leaves Oklahoma City. Those two organizations are going nowhere

Just now, Treesh said:

Fully aware. But with KD leaving OKC. I don't see Russ doing the same thing.

I think Presti will need to "do something" to keep Westbrook there, like signing Griffin. And I'm not sure even that would be enough. More importantly, would it keep Billy there?

I think Presti will need to "do something" to keep Westbrook there, like signing Griffin. And I'm not sure even that would be enough. More importantly, would it keep Billy there?

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I don't anticipate Billy leaving after only one year. Wish Billy was still at Florida..

This may be irrelevant and I'm pretty late getting the news, but with all the Fire Crean talk again it was brought back up.

But from a very reliable source I was told the final three for the job after Davis were Sampson, Belein, and Tubby. Supposedly the administration was in talks with Belein and ready to move forward with him and he and his wife were looking to buy a home in Bloomington, but a booster came in and said no that they wanted Sampson.

Curious as to if the boosters with the most influence are Crean supporters or what is going on. Again, late news but just thought I'd share.

3 minutes ago, Treesh said:

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. I don't anticipate Billy leaving after only one year. Wish Billy was still at Florida..

don't think there's much chance of Billy leaving THIS season, no. still think 2018 could (potentially, at least) be a different story.

but neither BD nor his players looked very excited when I saw them on TV the other night--I know it's a long season, but if they're not careful they could fall to 8th place and have to play the Warriors in the first round

This may be irrelevant and I'm pretty late getting the news, but with all the Fire Crean talk again it was brought back up.

But from a very reliable source I was told the final three for the job after Davis were Sampson, Belein, and Tubby. Supposedly the administration was in talks with Belein and ready to move forward with him and he and his wife were looking to buy a home in Bloomington, but a booster came in and said no that they wanted Sampson.

Curious as to if the boosters with the most influence are Crean supporters or what is going on. Again, late news but just thought I'd share.

I would say nobody can say for certainty who the boosters with most influence support. I believe although nobody else will agree the most overlooked important people is the legions of fans who put alot of money into the program and they are turning. There is a point where the small money people matter more than the few elite rich imo so it wont matter

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, TrueHoosier62 said:

Of course, this scenario would never happen, but......

Assuming that one had a chance to lure Donovan or Stevens to IU, but not until say, 2019/2020, would you consider approaching coach Knight about coming back for a one or two year contract to stabilize the program, heal the fan base, mend fences, then hand off to one of the two or more aforementioned coaches?

Be nice, I'm only tossing this out for discussion.

YIKES!!! I can't imagine anything with more toxic potential at this point.

Riley probably doesn't even have a scholarship. Baseball only gets around 10-12 scholarships to divide up among a roster of 30 or so players.

If I am not mistaken, don't employees of the university get some sort of financial discount if not a full ride?