Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

10 minutes ago, schoosier said:

And this is why it's Indiana. Glass has to get it right and creaning Crean is the start. I really believe Miller is ready for prime time, and could be the next Bobby knight. If he's not, that's always a risk. We just can't keep going along with no banners in sight.

Yes having a different coach at least brings hope back to the program. There is no hope with Crean and hasn't been since the Syracuse debacle

29 minutes ago, schoosier said:

And this is why it's Indiana. Glass has to get it right and creaning Crean is the start. I really believe Miller is ready for prime time, and could be the next Bobby knight. If he's not, that's always a risk. We just can't keep going along with no banners in sight.

Yep. Swinging and missing is better than not even stepping up to the plate. We know what we have in Crean, and it isn't good enough. The next guy might not be the one, but we can't be afraid to take the risk. 

12 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

To clarify, I'm not saying that's what I want. Just that it would not surprise me if that is Glass' thought process. He has disappointed before, just trying to keep an open mind about every possible outcome so I'm prepared for it and don't waver in to alcoholism

You wan to avoid wavering into alcoholism and you're on an IU board and presumably watch this team?  That's a bold strategy, cotton.

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yep. Swinging and missing is better than not even stepping up to the plate. We know what we have in Crean, and it isn't good enough. The next guy might not be the one, but we can't be afraid to take the risk. 

Just take a look at NC State. Gottfried has done more since V I believe and got canned before the end of season. 6 years, 4 NCAA's & 2 Elite 8's. Creans never been there in 9 years at Indiana yet nothing's been done. That's on fanboy Glass and only him. Do you believe our Aussie PRS has a clue about Indiana b-ball?

5 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I've constantly stated that Stevens and Donovan are the first calls. After that, Tony Bennett and Archie Miller. After that, Chris Mack and Chris Collins. I did have Marshall in there for some time, but now I believe he wouldn't be a great fit for IU. So what I'm saying is this:

Tier 1: Stevens, Donovan

Tier 2: Bennett, Miller

Tier 3: Mack, Collins

Originally what I had without the inclusion of Marshall and Tier 3

You have to call Stevens and Donovan first, have the mindset you're going to get your guy and do everything you can to get them.  Period.  You may whiff, but if you don't try you're doing a disservice to the program.  If you miss on both, then you do the same with tier 2 for the same reason.  I'd leave Marshall on the list, probably replacing Mack as I'm just not big on him for some reason; Marshall is an absolute improvement over Crean just not sure how high the ceiling is.

You have to try and do what's best for the program.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

You have to call Stevens and Donovan first, have the mindset you're going to get your guy and do everything you can to get them.  Period.  You may whiff, but if you don't try you're doing a disservice to the program.  If you miss on both, then you do the same with tier 2 for the same reason.  I'd leave Marshall on the list, probably replacing Mack as I'm just not big on him for some reason; Marshall is an absolute improvement over Crean just not sure how high the ceiling is.

You have to try and do what's best for the program.

You have to swing for the fences. I believe this hire has to be a home run. This has to be an absolute for sure hiring that leads to IU once again being back at the top of the college basketball world

You have to swing for the fences. I believe this hire has to be a home run. This has to be an absolute for sure hiring that leads to IU once again being back at the top of the college basketball world

The problem with that is there really are only a few clear home run hires and a lot of potentially great hires. We may not have what it takes to draw the absolute HRs guys because it is not necc money that does that for a guy like Brad who greatly values family and may get a huge benefit in Boston by having summers off. You can't put a price tag on family time.

I am not convinced our last three hires were our best efforts. Crean is the closest and we were offering a big challenge in the shadow of RMK. The RMK shadow is still here but it is small now and the program has stabilized. I say do our very best this time around. Make the best hire and equip that coach to excel but do not get encumbered with a crazy long term contract initially.

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I agree with swing for the fences... but there is not such thing as an "Absolute Sure Thing".... We have to go into it with the mindset that we are swinging for the fences and if we hit Warning track or worse yet strike out, then we swing for the fences again the next time we come up (and not 9 years later)

Only once in 9 years have we exceeded our expectations for the season. I would say we underachieve everyother year. I'll give him a pass on the 1st 2 seasons, but years 3-9, he's had four 14+ loss seasons and has missed the tourney (unless we make a miracle B10 tourney run this year, lmao) 3 times. He's also won the B10 regular season twice in those years, but like I said in another post they don't mean as much as they used to because of the unbalanced schedule. Can u really say we're B10 Champs when we didn't have to play at OSU, Mary, or PU? We also only played MSU once on there floor and got beat down by 20. The 3 S16 games we played were all double digit losses. I mean how can we justify him being the coach at Indiana University? If he comebacks it's Glass and the administration saying we're not longer a blue-blood!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I agree with swing for the fences... but there is not such thing as an "Absolute Sure Thing".... We have to go into it with the mindset that we are swinging for the fences and if we hit Warning track or worse yet strike out, then we swing for the fences again the next time we come up (and not 9 years later)

3 years if the new guy hasn't done something to show potential we have to move on. 

I'm not hearing what that guy tweeted but called my Uncle for his bday today and he told me something...i'm not going to put it here bc of what happened a few years ago but will certainly draft up a PM if you want

PM please

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We can thank Rick Greenspan for that. He fired an injured coach for Felicia Legette-Jack.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Greenspan was horrible along with his predecessor. I'm obviously no fan of Glass either. I believe that has been the biggest reasons for our demise along with Satan himself Myles Brand. Not having a competent AD has killed us getting the right basketball coach.Now we have a fanboy.