Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Agreed. Creans most "impressive" year 12-13, was filled with disappointments. That season, we cut down the nets after a home loss to OSU. Embarrassing. Michigan collapsed in the last minute which is the only reason we won the BIG outright. Also should have lost to temple in round of 32 if it wasn't for the "watblock" and a clutch shot by Vic. That team had so much promise and faded near the end. 2011-12 was the only year I've been happy with an IU team under crean.

After the big win at MSU that year we finished the season 5-5. Such a disappointment! We had the #2 and #4 picks in the draft, 2 senior leaders who were both 1000 pt career scorers, and a McDonald's AA PG. Oh plus the 6th man of the year in the B10! We barley made it out of the 2nd rd and were embarrassed by the Cuse. I knew right then this was not going to work with TC. Since that season we're now going to lose 14+ games for the 3rd time in 4 years and miss the tourney for the 2nd time in 4 years. Last year was great, but we benefited from an easy unbalanced B10 schedule. Literally it was rank as the easiest schedule in the conference. If we played this years B10 schedule last year we'd probably have finishedI 3rd or 4th place in the B10 with a 6 or 7 seed in the tourney. Regular season B10 championship don't mean as much as they used to because of these unbalanced schedules. Back in the day u play every team twice, so u had the win games at PU, MSU, Wisconsin, etc, so it meant more. How can we say we're B10 Champs when we didn't play OSU, Mary, MSU, and Purdue twice? And the 1 time we did play OSU, Mary, and PU we played on our home floor. What happened when we played at MSU last year? 20 pt beat down! State finish 2 games behind us and got a 2 seed in the tourney! It's because the unbalanced schedule changes everything. I just don't understand how ppl can still support him. The data is in! The facts are right there in front of us! Tom Crean is not a high level coach! He's got to go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

As soon as I think of all these names flying around and some not really setting well with me, I catch myself realizing that we don't really know what these coaches could do with the resources at Indiana.  Sure we can watch their current teams.  Or judge their records in and out of the tournament.   But we truly don't know what they could accomplish in the realm of what IU brings to the table.  Point being, their current situation could be holding back their full potential as a coach.  And unfortunately,  alot of times finding the right fit is a trial and error type of thing.  Reality.

I will not understand if they don't make a run at Bennett. IU could offer him double what he's making and the resources along with it to become truly elite. If there is some ego thing because he turned it down in '08 that needs to be forgotten. He is the best bet we have to lure that is in the college ranks.

If I remember right, Bennett's reason for not taking the job in 08 was that he didn't feel he was ready for a job on such a big stage. He was only 38 at the time, so that made sense. I would hope he's not still bitter about his sister getting fired. She was 57-93 at Northern Illinois and it was a different administration that fired her. 

It's flowing! We are in a warm up right now. It was -40 ish last week and we are now above zero! Time to break out the shorts and croks

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

February in Southern Indiana,Cold beer,T bones on the grill and redworms on the hook.Its not your Grandpaws Feb!

I've constantly stated that Stevens and Donovan are the first calls. After that, Tony Bennett and Archie Miller. After that, Chris Mack and Chris Collins. I did have Marshall in there for some time, but now I believe he wouldn't be a great fit for IU. So what I'm saying is this:

Tier 1: Stevens, Donovan

Tier 2: Bennett, Miller

Tier 3: Mack, Collins

Originally what I had without the inclusion of Marshall and Tier 3