Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I don't think he'd have a problem with recruiting at this level, granted it's opinion either way since neither of us know for sure. We could also surround him with assistants to make the recruiting easier.

Good point. The recruiting game and the 365 aspect of it is what will keep BS out of the college game IMO

First and foremost, I'm excited to see how we finish this season and very excited to see what we do with next years roster. I have high hopes but a middling season next year will still be unacceptable to me.

Want to retain JB and TB and bring in our Croots. If TW stays I'm cool with that too.

What leads you to believe this? The high major meat market does not appeal to BS...

Why would you think that?   At Butler he didn't have the ability to go after the "high major meat" :)

We saw the same thing with Crean.  He has recruited A LOT better at IU than he ever did at Marquette.  The IU name is what gets the coach in the door.  

Why would you think that? At Butler he didn't have the ability to go after the "high major meat" :)

We saw the same thing with Crean. He has recruited A LOT better at IU than he ever did at Marquette. The IU name is what gets the coach in the door.

Just based on his past recruiting behavior plus comments his family have made, plus things one hears being in Indy.

No question it is the IU brand. Combined with his track record (just as Crean does) and it makes for a good sell.

It just seems to me that the current staff explores all options and connections which leaves us with talent we otherwise might have replaced with just another kid from IN, IL, OH, etc.

Crean's recruiting at the end of his Marquette tenure was fairly impressive. He hasn't really broken thru at IU to get anyone of note until Thomas Bryant. Vonleh would count for that, I suppose. But still.

Let me be clear--I have no doubt Stevens would very easily recruit to IU. I just don't know that we'd see IU battling it out for the very best players.

At IU Stevens would have resources he didn't have at Butler.  He'd also have an easier time with his NBA experience to pitch.

We didn't know if Crean could recruit at this level, he never did at Marquette.  The Indiana name helps him even if people don't want to admit it, and it'd help Stevens too.

Why would Stevens leave an improving NBA playoff team, the Celtics nonetheless, to take over a college team that hasn't been to the final four since 2002?

Why would Stevens leave an improving NBA playoff team, the Celtics nonetheless, to take over a college team that hasn't been to the final four since 2002?

I never said he would.  My post solely had to do with recruiting.

None of us know for sure if he would or not, but again I never said he would.

Fire this clown!

I said a few months ago.

Let's see what happens in the dance, I'm not expecting much in the big ten tourney, we all know we are incapable of winning it for whatever reason.

Damn Treesh.... you're hard core! I figured you would give coach a break at least until we lost lol.

Fire this clown!

I said a few months ago.

Let's see what happens in the dance, I'm not expecting much in the big ten tourney, we all know we are incapable of winning it for whatever reason.

No name calling

Seriously not trying to stir the pot, but was my last post deleted? I don't recall having written anything too out of bounds, other than genetically tying Tom Crean to Gene Keady and Lou Henson, but that's mere genetics, and hardly his fault.

The guy just won the B1G by 2 games and was named B1G coach of the year. Nothing you had said was factual or constructive. If I had to guess, I'd say the mods deemed your post as "trolling". Hope you enjoyed the regular season!

Instead of starting a pissing fit that will turn into bans we will just delete trolling posts or correct those that have not had many interactions. No need to keep going in circles with the same posters.

What leads you to believe this? The high major meat market does not appeal to BS...

BS recruited Cody when at Butler and almost got him.

He may not go after all 5 stars but with very good coaching and strong retention you can win with a blend of 4 star kids with a few 3 and 5 stars.

After coaching in the NBA, if he were to return to college I doubt he would have a problem working with high end players but he might be able to let assistants do the initial leg work.

Are folks going to give credit to Crean and publicly apologize on the forum as they have been so quick to trash him if this team makes a run???

I think Crean has done a superb job of getting the players to buy into his defensive philosophy and the offense is firing on all cylinders.. I can't remember many IU teams in the last 20 years to go into the B1G Tourney with so much momentum. I like the direction this team is headed. I'm along for the ride.