Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I treat ESPN like I do the news. I will watch 30 minutes (or more likely read it) of it to get the headlines. I will leave entertainment to things that are actually entertaining, like the actual sports or Game of Thrones.

Would we be SUPER Big Ten Champions or something?

No. We would be undefeated with a #1 seed.

EDIT: Actually i think we would already have a 6 banner if Brad had been here with Cody+Oladipo.

Very confident in that statement. 

No. We would be undefeated with a #1 seed.

EDIT: Actually i think we would already have a 6 banner if Brad had been here with Cody+Oladipo.

Very confident in that statement.

Undefeated?! Based on what?

I like Brad Stevens. He is a heck of a coach. But he's been built up into this Coaching God, and it's...odd. He's lost a bunch of games, like any other coach.

Wow, so there really are people out there who like First Take and Highly Questionable? I just assumed ESPN was lazy, lol. 

I guess they do a good job with programming because I love ATH and PTI but hate the other two. Different strokes...

Or Jeremy Hollowell, or Troy Williams, or Devin Davis, or Peter Jurkin, or Hanner Perea, or.....

You can't win in high major with the players he recruited at Butler. It's annoying that people try to assert otherwise. Tom Crean's recruiting is the sole reason why IU has two recent Big Ten titles.

You can't win in high major with the players he recruited at Butler. It's annoying that people try to assert otherwise. Tom Crean's recruiting is the sole reason why IU has two recent Big Ten titles.

im not sure where you are going with this but with the players he recruited to butler he was a national runner up in back to back years plus if he ever was to coach iu I'm going to bet with the resources and iu name that he would recriut higher level talent. Example would be Shaka smart. He had to recruit lower level players that fit his system at vcu but now that he is at Texas he has landed 5 star recruits. Good coaches will adapt to their environment

yes because without that abundance of talent he would be screwed lol.

At IU Stevens would have resources he didn't have at Butler.  He'd also have an easier time with his NBA experience to pitch.

We didn't know if Crean could recruit at this level, he never did at Marquette.  The Indiana name helps him even if people don't want to admit it, and it'd help Stevens too.

At IU Stevens would have resources he didn't have at Butler. He'd also have an easier time with his NBA experience to pitch.

We didn't know if Crean could recruit at this level, he never did at Marquette. The Indiana name helps him even if people don't want to admit it, and it'd help Stevens too.

But would he recruit a higher caliber of player? I think he would try to recruit the same caliber of player to IU. He would never recruit a Robert Johnson or Troy Williams or Christian Watford because it takes extra effort to do that. It seems to me that he's never enjoyed recruiting, which is why I don't see why every IU fan is obsessed with him as coach.

yes because without that abundance of talent he would be screwed lol.

Whatever you say! Only 7 coaches in the modern era have won multiple Big Ten championships. Crean is now one. Talent is what it takes to win in today's CBB climate

But would he recruit a higher caliber of player? I think he would try to recruit the same caliber of player to IU. He would never recruit a Robert Johnson or Troy Williams or Christian Watford because it takes extra effort to do that. It seems to me that he's never enjoyed recruiting, which is why I don't see why every IU fan is obsessed with him as coach.

I don't think he'd have a problem with recruiting at this level, granted it's opinion either way since neither of us know for sure.  We could also surround him with assistants to make the recruiting easier.