Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

To the first part we will see but he is smoking crack if he thinks many coaches luck into a title. In the 80s it happened twice. Since then? It has been a whose who of college basketball. That is why we can look at adjusted offense and defense to gauge who should be there at the end.

I always find it amusing hearing national sports-writers who only follow college basketball post-Super Bowl act as if they have a firm grasp of the landscape.

Maybe his point could stand in the NBA. But not in college.

Since this thread is slowing down and I have nothing bad to say about Tom Crean I thought I would spice it up and ask everyone a question.

IF and that's a huge IF Tom ever steps down from IU to take another job. What is his dream job? Is it IU? Is it replacing Izzo at Mich St? Is it teaming up with his Bro-in-law at Michigan?

I would find it very hard to see him leave IU for another B1G position, but the two I mentioned would make as much sense as any place else.

I do realize that Izzo nor Belien are going anywhere in the immediate future. It has also been said that Fife is possibly the coach in waiting at MSU. Another question would be if Crean continues on and wins another 2-3 B1G regular sesason tiles in the next 4-5 years and the MSU job is open. Tom applies and Dane applies. Who gets Izzo's vote of confidence?

All just some super hypothetical questions meant to stir conversation.

It got me thinking because I have heard of several places linked to Tom in past as being a good fit.

BC or Seton Hall - Because he's Catholic

Cincinnati - Because his son signed to play baseball there

Alabama - Because the football team would be the headliner

No name calling please.

I saw Bomani Jones' name mentioned above. If sports gave an award for biggest moron and most complete idiot, that guy wins in a landslide. I've never heard anyone who knows less, thinks he knows more, and makes judgments of people using nothing but narratives. He is devoid of facts, loaded with bias, and without a shred of credibility. He is the worst of the worst in my mind.

The great thing about ESPN is you can substitute Bomani's name with like 10 dudes that work there and this post would still ring 100% true.

I saw Bomani Jones' name mentioned above. If sports gave an award for biggest moron and most complete idiot, that guy wins in a landslide. I've never heard anyone who knows less, thinks he knows more, and makes judgments of people using nothing but narratives. He is devoid of facts, loaded with bias, and without a shred of credibility. He is the worst of the worst in my mind.

I love Bomani. Really I just love Highly Questionable. Same as I love Sports Nation.