Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Listen, I'm as happy as anyone that we won last night. In Iowa City. On senior night. Big win. But really, raise your hand if you uttered the phrase, "Jesus Christ", at least once during the second half? Frankly, I uttered this phrase so many times that my wife thought I was starting a church in our living room. Stepping on the inbound, no pump fakes, no lean ins, unforced turnovers, defensive lapses, mental errors. A fourteen point lead can evaporate of course, but as is usually the case with Crean's teams, it's "us" giving the lead back, not "them" taking it from us. And as is my habit, I also consider the fact that Iowa, for all their great wins, haven't been winning much lately, having dropped several straight. They were also playing for the second time in 48 hours. Yet, (and despite his heroic three), Yogi looked dead on his feet at the 4:00 mark, consistently hitting the front end of the rim. Much to be happy about, but too many questions for it being this late in the season.

Listen, I'm as happy as anyone that we won last night. In Iowa City. On senior night. Big win. But really, raise your hand if you uttered the phrase, "Jesus Christ", at least once during the second half? Frankly, I uttered this phrase so many times that my wife thought I was starting a church in our living room. Stepping on the inbound, no pump fakes, no lean ins, unforced turnovers, defensive lapses, mental errors. A fourteen point lead can evaporate of course, but as is usually the case with Crean's teams, it's "us" giving the lead back, not "them" taking it from us. And as is my habit, I also consider the fact that Iowa, for all their great wins, haven't been winning much lately, having dropped several straight. They were also playing for the second time in 48 hours. Yet, (and despite his heroic three), Yogi looked dead on his feet at the 4:00 mark, consistently hitting the front end of the rim. Much to be happy about, but too many questions for it being this late in the season.

God bless your wife!

I thought we played with great focus and character in the second half

Remember, the other team is trying too!

The season isn't even close to be over. We have a long way to go - hopefully! Let's just see where this crazy train takes us. All aboard?

Of course. Although, when one uses the phrase, "all aboard", someone will invariably use the "train wreck" analogy. I won't; but someone could. :-)

This thread is kind of funny to read through. My only question is, are some of you too upset that CTC has coached his way off the hot seat that you havent/wont enjoy this season?

Don't be foolish. If Crean coaches his way off the hot seat no one will be upset because that means IU is winning.

I don't understand what some of you "positive" posters are thinking . Do you truly believe any IU fan whether they want Crean gone or not is wanting IU to lose? Also a half season didn't put Crean on the hot seat so a good second half shouldn't pull him off of it either.

Don't be foolish. If Crean coaches his way off the hot seat no one will be upset because that means IU is winning.

I don't understand what some of you "positive" posters are thinking . Do you truly believe any IU fan whether they want Crean gone or not is wanting IU to lose? Also a half season didn't put Crean on the hot seat so a good second half shouldn't pull him off of it either.

I can guarantee that people would be/are upset . Some of the things I have read all over the place have made that very apparent. The absurdity of this thread being on the front page of this forum when we have just won the second outright B1G title since 08(only team to do that) is what boggles my mind. I am going to enjoy this and I think this is the point where the posters who have had to endure the constant CTC bashing and just cancerous talk on every single forum post are going to really bask in what this season has been. We still have a lot to accomplish and this season is not done and we still need to do a lot for it to be a truly successful one, but we are back where we should be and I am very thankful for that.

I can guarantee that people would be/are upset . Some of the things I have read all over the place have made that very apparent. The absurdity of this thread being on the front page of this forum when we have just won the second outright B1G title since 08(only team to do that) is what boggles my mind. I am going to enjoy this and I think this is the point where the posters who have had to endure the constant CTC bashing and just cancerous talk on every single forum post are going to really bask in what this season has been. We still have a lot to accomplish and this season is not done and we still need to do a lot for it to be a truly successful one, but we are back where we should be and I am very thankful for that.

This is just my opinion but if anyone wants us to lose because of Crean or any other reason they are not an IU fan.

everybody is enjoying what we have accomplished some may doubt how far crean is going to take the team though. Remember yogi freshman year when we won the big outright well we were not very happy a couple weeks later. Lot of work to do

everybody is enjoying what we have accomplished some may doubt how far crean is going to take the team though. Remember yogi freshman year when we won the big outright well we were not very happy a couple weeks later. Lot of work to do

Which is exactly what I said in the last sentence of my post. The B1G title means much less if there is a first round exit in the tourny. Does not mean we can't enjoy this until Selection Sunday.