Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Excuses, excuses, excuses!  Not sure how recent this podcast was but Crean needs to go ahead and ZIP IT!

It was yesterday. He was asked why he didn't get more in state talent to keep his job. I agree with most saying Izzo wouldn't resort to that, but track record of those kids that Crean is talking about ended up at MSU so I would not be surprised if Izzo doesn't call ol Tommy boy.

I know U of L has gotten a kid or two and so has UK. The funniest part is some end up at Butler or Xavier or Purdue. ND as well. They aren't high ranked but example Baldwin from Butler looks like a star!! No way anyone was paying him.

I think Crean is ONLY hurting his future and nothing else. He isn't getting his job back here, so why keep doing these interviews? The more he does the more bitter he sounds.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

There would be less than a 0% chance of Crean saying anything. Seth Davis knows it, Crean knows it, you know it, I know it, the whole world knows it. Why waste precious air over it? It would be the equivalent of JS asking Emma Watson for a date. Sure, ask the question for shots and giggles but it ain't happening. If Seth Davis is half the journalist he thinks he is he knows that it happens a lot and you don't talk about it.

Hold up. What makes you think it wouldn't happen?  A smart, funny, talented, and devastatingly handsome guy like myself?  Come on.

Did I mention humble too?

For everyone still trying to bash Crean and say his kindness is an act to manipulate those around him... here's an interesting article from Doyel:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/03/31/doyel-compassionate-tom-crean-not-cartoon-character-you-think-he/99863548/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

#WeMissCrean

#BesidesHisCoaching

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Hold up. What makes you think it wouldn't happen?  A smart, funny, talented, and devastatingly handsome guy like myself?  Come on.

Did I mention humble too?

Man I could go for her or Ariana Grande. Damn if I had one wish...

Just listened to Crean on PTI. Wow. Brought up that he should've campaigned harder for a second start over at IU after Victor and Cody left. Then states that if he ever has to campaign for a job opening he will get out of coaching. What a joke. So glad he isn't overseeing our program anymore. 

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Just listened to Crean on PTI. Wow. Brought up that he should've campaigned harder for a second start over at IU after Victor and Cody left. Then states that if he ever has to campaign for a job opening he will get out of coaching. What a joke. So glad he isn't overseeing our program anymore. 

What an insufferable guy. He walks around like he's God's gift to coaching. Words can't explain how happy I am that he's gone. 

13 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Just listened to Crean on PTI. Wow. Brought up that he should've campaigned harder for a second start over at IU after Victor and Cody left. 

He said the same thing to Seth Davis. I don't get it. If you're coaching a blue-blood program, you don't get a re-start. I don't think anybody expected an NCAA title the year after Cody and Vic left, but 17-15, 7th in the B1G and no postseason was ridiculous. And if "The Movement" -- except Yogi -- hadn't turned out to be such a massive flop, he would have been well-stocked to keep moving forward. The whole second start thing boggles my mind. 

Edited by LamarCheeks

4 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

I'm 36, but I can't remember former POTUS's having the amount of exit interviews COMBINED that Crean has given in the last 10 days or so.

I will never understand why people like the guy. Yeah he brought us back, like it was his job to do. I guess he's a "good guy" in public. 

I am amazed at how blind or ignorant Tom Crean is/was of the facts...
With all of the chatter about the coaching situation at IU, with all the speculation about the end of the Crean era, the refusal of Glass to extend Crean... the rumors about the imminent coaching change... and Crean honestly had no idea that the end was near?
Now this comment about being with Cody/Vic every day and having no clue that they were leaving, or having no contingency in place in the event they did... and a similar situation with Noah Vonleh...
Add to that the absolute CF that The Movement was (save Yogi)...
You have to wonder about Crean's ability to read the situation... perhaps that was also a factor in his inability to make in-game changes and adapt to the game as it unfolds.

More media manipulation. He over recruited every year and he didn't know players were leaving? Something doesn't make sense.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He said the same thing to Seth Davis. I don't get it. If you're coaching a blue-blood program, you don't get a re-start. I don't think anybody expected an NCAA title the year after Cody and Vic left, but 17-15, 7th in the B1G and no postseason was ridiculous. And if "The Movement" -- except Yogi -- hadn't turned out to be such a massive flop, he would have been well-stocked to keep moving forward. The whole second start thing boggles my mind. 

Based on his record, it seems he wanted a restart roughly every 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

59 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

The guy had the #4 recruiting class in the country coming in the year after Vic and Cody left and he's talking about how he should've hired a PR firm so fans would've gotten behind another rebuild? Give me a freakin break. No one was going to get on board with that dude. Big time programs are supposed to reload, but rebuild. If you didn't have the right guys then that's on you Tom. I've never seen someone refuse to accept responsibility for their failures like Tom Crean. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The guy had the #4 recruiting class in the country coming in the year after Vic and Cody left and he's talking about how he should've hired a PR firm so fans would've gotten behind another rebuild? Give me a freakin break. No one was going to get on board with that dude. Big time programs are supposed to reload, but rebuild. If you didn't have the right guys then that's on you Tom. I've never seen someone refuse to accept responsibility for their failures like Tom Crean. 

Not to mention a top 10 class the year before Vic and Cody left as well. So he had consecutive top 10 classes to replace the Vic/Cody/Hulls/Watford group and they couldn't even make the NIT. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not to mention a top 10 class the year before Vic and Cody left as well. So he had consecutive top 10 classes to replace the Vic/Cody/Hulls/Watford group and they couldn't even make the NIT. 

Yup. It's crazy. Like sure, looking back those probably shouldn't have been ranked as top ten classes, but he recruited all of the players in them. If they flopped then he deserves some of the blame for recruiting the wrong guys. Every other coach understands that players graduate and move on so they better have guys ready to come in and fill their spots. Crean wanted to break it all down and go into rebuild mode for a couple years after a successful season. 

Crean is delusional but he is not our problem anymore at least.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Very arrogant man but a nice guy I guess. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk