Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

The 3 freaking year rebuild was embarrassing too to be honest.

Glad he took the job but who knows how quickly another coach would have had us winning again.

No telling.

Phone calls cost the program 3 years. That's pretty freaking sad.

Louisville goes through a stripper scandal and then is a 2 seed 1 season later.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

58 minutes ago, TomCreanStoleYaGirl said:

Not a troll. I am 100% of the belief that Archie Miller was a wonderful hire. I also think Tom Crean did not deserve to be fired. Fan outcry is misguided. He's an easy target. He will have success at a school that appreciates his success and works to support his program, rather than holding a ghost over his head.

The vitriol some of you display is disgusting. He saved this basketball program. Indiana, as fans, did not deserve the man.

Call me in 6 years. Do you really think Archie will have multiple Big Ten titles by then? What if he fails to advance past the S16? Gonna fire him, too?

On 3/26/2017 at 9:30 PM, TomCreanStoleYaGirl said:

Not a troll. I am 100% of the belief that Archie Miller was a wonderful hire. I also think Tom Crean did not deserve to be fired. Fan outcry is misguided. He's an easy target. He will have success at a school that appreciates his success and works to support his program, rather than holding a ghost over his head.

The vitriol some of you display is disgusting. He saved this basketball program. Indiana, as fans, did not deserve the man.

Call me in 6 years. Do you really think Archie will have multiple Big Ten titles by then? What if he fails to advance past the S16? Gonna fire him, too?

Ghost over his head is such an absurd and quite frankly extemely lazy argument. I'm 30 and am still too young to remember the good Knight years. I promise most of my friends were also extremely ready for him to go.

First of all, we never came close to winning a title under Crean in 9 years.  Most years come March, we knew we had no shot, usually because we weren't even in the tournament. 

He was also a living, walking meme and his wacky personality as well as his coaching flaws were not well perceived nationally.

Why are all the other teams in the big ten sad to see him go?

And if he is such a good coach, then why the hell doesn't he have a job right now?

6 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

If Archie doesn't pan out and get IU in the tournament consistently than yes, I would say they fire him. Just like every other program that expects to be in the tourney does. Tubby won a title at UK - fired - worked out well for them, always in the conversation. UNC went through a couple coaches, worked out well for them. Bruce Weber went to a title game at Illinois - fired - John Groce didn't work out - fired.

Extremely unlikely CAM will get 9 years to prove his worth.  He's not coming into a dumpster fire as did FCTC and FG knows this hire is all on his shoulders and he'll cut and run sooner rather than later.

Extremely unlikely CAM will get 9 years to prove his worth.  He's not coming into a dumpster fire as did FCTC and FG knows this hire is all on his shoulders and he'll cut and run sooner rather than later.

I didn't say he should? I'm actually agreeing with the poster I quoted by accident. I don't get why people criticize IU for having expectations when all these other programs did the exact same thing. The ones always in the conversation just haven't had to make a change in awhile because they already made their changes and found their guy.

6 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I didn't say he should? I'm actually agreeing with the poster I quoted by accident. I don't get why people criticize IU for having expectations when all these other programs did the exact same thing. The ones always in the conversation just haven't had to make a change in awhile because they already made their changes and found their guy.

Actually, I was agreeing with your comment that CAM needs to demonstrate results quickly and he won't have a 9-year leash.

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1490885884.436440.jpg

Find it interesting he thought he deserved another "start over" . I give him all the credit for taking to IU back out of the trenches, he did a great job at restoring IU and yes he brought some very good success. But he reached his potential and needed to go. Where else do you get multiple start overs just because graduation.

12 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Find it interesting he thought he deserved another "start over" . I give him all the credit for taking to IU back out of the trenches, he did a great job at restoring IU and yes he brought some very good success. But he reached his potential and needed to go. Where else do you get multiple start overs just because graduation.

It ain't golf; no mulligans.  That's why recruiting and roster balance are so important.

How did I miss Fran Fraschilla's kid was a Grad Manager for this IU team? No wonder Fran loved Crean.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah they took a picture together last time he came to visit and in the comments it was mentioned that is how I found out. Fran doesnt talk about it at all on twitter it seems.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Tom Crean has a new job. Will work with ESPN during the Final Four.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

That's 'x' dollars less he gets on his buyout unless he's doing ESPN for free.

How did I miss Fran Fraschilla's kid was a Grad Manager for this IU team? No wonder Fran loved Crean.

I believe Fran and Crean go back to the Michigan State days