Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Ugh Tom Crean.

Jerry Meyer tweet:
Hate that so many college coaches don't go for 2 for 1 at end of halves & possibly end. Looks like data backs me up. kenpom.com/blog/investiga…

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've seen more bad possessions happen as the result of teams trying it than I've seen good possessions as the result.

Rushed shots, other team takes their time for a good shot, then the first team is forced into another rushed shot.

No thanks.

I've seen more bad possessions happen as the result of teams trying it than I've seen good possessions as the result.

Rushed shots, other team takes their time for a good shot, then the first team is forced into another rushed shot.

No thanks.

You coach your team quick sets to get a good shot off quickly. The stats support it.

For example, a forced JBJ 3 pointer might be the shot we end up with either way so why not have another shot.

A good coach gets an open jumper in 5-10 seconds or a drive to the hoop.

And again, stats support it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He took the high road as I would expect him to do.  

Just gonna drop this here and move on:

Well, he certainly didn't wish that anyone at IU dropped dead.

Classy man with a classy family. I'd take him over Marshall and Alford any day although I'm one of the founding fathers of the IU tank this past season.
We'll all miss you Crean.

Seriously? I don't feel this way AT ALL?

Just think back to how you felt watching IUBB this season. We needed a change. We hope it's a homerun, but we needed a change even if it's not.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just think back to how you felt watching IUBB this season. We needed a change. We hope it's a homerun, but we needed a change even if it's not.

I don't mean like full on miss, wish he was here. But he was fun to watch pacing the sideline, Indy 500 speeds through the handshake line, always adjusting his pants, classic terrible in bound plays. 

He was just entertaining, not a good coach. 

Exactly. It was past time to move on we were getting nowhere with crean. Hoping for archie or billy d but even Alford will have a better shot than crean had from where we were at imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app