Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

lol I do not gather that in the least. He was wanting to make "IU people" happy by saying he would interview every one of them. Beyond that he referenced everything ex IU guys are not. Winners at the D1 level or tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Buuuuuurrrnnnnnn

lol I do not gather that in the least. He was wanting to make "IU people" happy by saying he would interview every one of them. Beyond that he referenced everything ex IU guys are not. Winners at the D1 level or tournament.

He wants someone with IU/Indiana ties. I think he was pretty plain about that....

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Here's the NBA comment. From Rick Bozich:

Asked if #iubb could hire a sitting NBA head coach, Fred Glass said, "If somebody wants to be the Indiana head coach, that's a detail."

Reminder: this was finally blurted out after a very awkward silence.

Interesting to hear him talk about the buy-out. It really wasn't much of a factor on $100 million dollar basketball budget....

The $100 mil. is the total athletic budget. If we had $100 mil just for basketball, Popovich would be our HC with Stevens and Spoelstra as assistants.

He wants someone with IU/Indiana ties. I think he was pretty plain about that....

What trumps that? Winning. He was about as clear as he could be without saying, "yeah that would be nice, but I want to win."

Edit: damn fat fingers