Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I never held any ill will towards Davis, but damn that comment earned him some points with me

I always admired Mike Davis, and how he conducted himself...except for the time he ran on the court...oh, and when he mysteriously missed a game due to "sickness", but otherwise he was a good guy.  Glad to see him having success, I'm sure Crean will find success at his next stop, too.

Bad decision in my opinion, but I wasn't consulted. A guy wins two conference championships in four years, then has a .500 season with two major injuries and gets fired. That's not a school I would pursue if I could pick and choose where I wanted to go.

I only hope our recruits will still come and our returning players don't transfer en masse.

My opening-line money is on Alford to be our next coach although we've snubbed him twice in the past. With his kid graduating UCLA, he might want to come home. Stevens has said he's staying with the Celtics, and why Bennett would want to leave the more prestigious ACC for the faltering Big Ten (for anywhere other than his alma mater Wisconsin) is beyond me. That doesn't leave many great candidates unless somehow we can woo Billy Donovan...and I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if that happens, but I don't expect it.

Bad decision in my opinion, but I wasn't consulted. A guy wins two conference championships in four years, then has a .500 season with two major injuries and gets fired. That's not a school I would pursue if I could pick and choose where I wanted to go.

I only hope our recruits will still come and our returning players don't transfer en masse.

My opening-line money is on Alford to be our next coach although we've snubbed him twice in the past. With his kid graduating UCLA, he might want to come home. Stevens has said he's staying with the Celtics, and why Bennett would want to leave the more prestigious ACC for the faltering Big Ten (for anywhere other than his alma mater Wisconsin) is beyond me. That doesn't leave many great candidates unless somehow we can woo Billy Donovan...and I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if that happens, but I don't expect it.

The overall work and stats don't lie.  It's Indiana.  Crean said it himself. Very few that I'm reading are saying this is a bad decision.

Fred?

Do you watch any IU games?