Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Lots of traffic and activity here... can't keep up... but in case it has not been posted (didn't see it, personally), here's Glass' statement:

Athletics Director Fred Glass announced the decision in a press release.

“After deliberative thought and evaluation, including multiple meetings with Tom about the future, I have decided to make a change in the leadership of our men’s basketball program,” Glass said. “Tom Crean brought us through one of the most challenging periods in IU basketball history, led his players to many successes in the classroom and on the court and represented our university with class and integrity. While winning two outright Big Ten titles in five years and being named Big Ten Coach of the Year, Tom worked tirelessly to develop great young men and successful teams. However, ultimately, we seek more consistent, high levels of success, and we will not shy away from our expectations. Tom is a good man and a good coach and we owe him a great debt of gratitude for his many positive contributions to Indiana basketball. We wish him well.

“The national search for our new coach begins immediately. The Board of Trustees and the President have expressly delegated to me the responsibility and authority for this search and hire. While I will not be establishing a formal search committee or advisory committee, I will consult with basketball experts from around the country and throughout the State of Indiana, including many former Indiana University basketball players. The expectations for Indiana University basketball are to perennially contend for and win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament, and win our next national championship—and more after that. We will identify and recruit a coach who will meet these expectations.”

Dakich just said that he is sure Billy Donovan will want the IU job. He also said that he will probably get a call from Donovan within the  next day or so. 

Man down here in Southern Indiana couldn't get on the site for over an hour--buffering non-stop. Ready for Donovan! Restore the glory of old IU!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why?

They were getting beat badly but made a run. I stand corrected lol. His knock has been tourney success but has ran into HOF coaches so he gets the nod. If he loses today it has to add some nervousness to it. I would personally call Stevens, Donovan, Jay Wright, Tony Bennett, Archie and Sean in a group call lol, Holtmann, Mike White and maybe Bryce Drew. Alford could jump in there with a big run.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Fred Glass put the info out there in the same minute that the NCAA tournament started. Coincidence?

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

Yeah now Goodman is taking shots at him on twitter. I stand behind you Fred dont worry!! Time to change your bottom part of your post.

Just now, Maynard said:

Please note Archie Miller.  I've tried to watch several of his games since he started being mentioned.  No thanks.  He will end up as Crean II

I agree. Don't get the Archie love. Don't get it at all. 

They were getting beat badly but made a run. I stand corrected lol. His knock has been tourney success but has ran into HOF coaches so he gets the nod. If he loses today it has to add some nervousness to it. I would personally call Stevens, Donovan, Jay Wright, Tony Bennett, Archie and Sean in a group call lol, Holtmann, Mike White and maybe Bryce Drew. Alford could jump in there with a big run.

This is what a rebuilding year under Bennett looks like. And they lost their best player because Bennett kicked him off the team in the preseason. Post Season success will come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Love how he immediately quotes his article saying he was on the right side of it. Probably would have quoted his other one if it didn't happen!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Doyle weighs in:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/03/16/doyel-iu-fans-you-did-tom-crean/99256666/

Pretty much blames/credits the Hoosier fans for this. I can live with that.

Wow, the fans and alumni actually have a say in something. Perish the thought. Serves us right for not blindly clapping(no pun) like good little boys and girls.