Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 hour ago, Hurryin'Hoosier317 said:

361dbb8e8b132e8a822ec435c1a7c9e4.jpg

f7bbb6102d3c2996b99d3e51994a996e.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here. I'm not on the Alford train what so ever. He can stay at UCLA. I want a home run hire. Bring on Billy!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good to see that Stevie and I are in agreement about the open Indiana job.

Relax! It's happening.

The first few steps have been accomplished; 1) firing Crean and 2) putting it out there that expectations will be met or you're gone.

Did Fred sound like a guy who was on the fence about firing Crean or on the fence to retain him? Too bad Crean didn't seek employment elsewhere and leave on his terms but it had to be done.

Billy D is a real option to be the next coach at IU. Was the "meeting with boosters" last night have more to do with getting rid of Crean or making sure resources would be available?

Interesting day for IUBB. It only gets better from here!

52 minutes ago, doyle1984 said:

Asked Billy about it today...

http://m.newsok.com/article/5541987

“I am totally happy here,” Donovan said. “I love it here. I love the guys I work with every day. I love our staff, the organization. As far as I’m concerned, my commitment is totally here and doing the best job I can while I’m here.”

"While im here" why say that if you have no interest in leaving OKC

1 minute ago, iubb said:

“I am totally happy here,” Donovan said. “I love it here. I love the guys I work with every day. I love our staff, the organization. As far as I’m concerned, my commitment is totally here and doing the best job I can while I’m here.”

"While im here" why say that if you have no interest in leaving OKC

Because BtownInsider was right

*adjusts tinfoil hat

After reading all these nation guys calling Donovan a "pipe dream" for us, I'm not buying it.  I doubted Glass when it came to firing Crean and he proved me wrong.  I fully trust he is gonna do EXACTLY THAT.  Bring in someone that the media guys think is a pipe dream.  He is on a mission with this task.  Bank on it!

After reading all these nation guys calling Donovan a "pipe dream" for us, I'm not buying it.  I doubted Glass when it came to firing Crean and he proved me wrong.  I fully trust he is gonna do EXACTLY THAT.  Bring in someone that the media guys think is a pipe dream.  He is on a mission with this task.  Bank on it!

I think him being such a fan of IU basketball really helps. He now has a chance to decide the fate of his favorite team.

Sure there are rumors of him being able to hire Donovan or Stevens years ago, we will never know. Tom Crean had his chances the past five years and Fred gave him time. This was the final straw. From beating two #1's to this. It was time.

Stevens
Donovan
White
Holtmann
Archie
Collins

Let's be honest Billy, Steve or anyone else that says they don't have any interest besides maybe Stevens is more than likely lying. How many times do we here coaches at things like they did and a week later they are coaching someplace else. Let's be honest almost everyone in the coaching world has a price. If you are willing to pay it then you have your new coach.

I heard from a kid a couple years ago that was being recruited by several power 5 schools including IU that the rumor was that in Stevens initial contract with the Celtics he had an opt out clause just for Indiana because it was his dream job at the time. Just curious if anyone else had ever heard this?

2 hours ago, Treesh said:

I'm worried it's going to be Dane. I mentioned this a month ago, maybe in 20 years. Not right now.

Let him prove himself

Do you really think that Glass would fire a guy who won the B1G, has been to a final four, and is owed 4 million bucks...to hire an assistant off someone's bench who in his only head coaching experience at a small college had a very mediocre record? I loved Fife when he played for Indiana but I just don't see that happening.