Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Me too. I think he will go hard after a top guy and close due to resources, history, and recruiting hotbed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I liked hearing him say something along the lines of money not being an issue. I think he knows how big of a hire this is and isn't going to be afraid to throw around some serious cash to get the guy he wants. 

I liked hearing him say something along the lines of money not being an issue. I think he knows how big of a hire this is and isn't going to be afraid to throw around some serious cash to get the guy he wants. 

He literally said it was a big hire at one point

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

So Illinois fans are having a mini meltdown, and rupp rafters has more Crean related threads than we do. I love this feeling.

Yesterday everyone was laughing at us and now today they're all scared. I can't wait to see their reaction if we land Donovan. 

Watching the presser again, it sounds like Glass wants Alford or Fife.

No way Alford leaves UCLA right? He's got the ball brothers and Wilkies coming next year, easy conference, storied program, weather and money.

PLEASE STAY ALFORD

Always get anyone we want?  That how we ended up with Crean?  I was on fence with Crean, I think the minimum standard should be to reach Tourney every year.  I just can't help to think back to a Coach we had named Mallory, who won and had success, yet IU wanted Rose Bowls...we are still working out of that decision.  I saw the "A" rated list on CBS.  Alford- just no way, that aint happening.  Marshall, Miller, Holtman, Bennett, Drew and Cronin.  Those are A list Coaches? Not in my opinion, they look about similar to CTC.  I don't think IU can sway a Self, Calipari, Williams type and that is really what the fan base wants.  We have a program that will most likely be depleted by the start of next year, we now are behind most other programs in recruiting and the Coach will be expected to win right away or feel the wrath.  Going to take a brave man to step into that.  Regardless, the program has been dealt it's hand and I honestly hope it's just me needing to start taking meds...I just have a feeling we got a bumpy few years ahead of us, considering we won the Big Ten last year.  Go Hoosiers

Much as I'm happy to see IU as releived as a sailor at Madame Sophie's house of a thousand tissues; I'm still not convinced about Freddie Glass' abilities.

1.) Who does he bring in to replace Crean? What if he brings in another mid major turd? 

2.) Did Glass actually fire Crean of his own accord, or were his balls so firmly caught in a Trustee's vise that he had no choice?

These and other interesting questions are yet to be answered. 

Always get anyone we want?  That how we ended up with Crean?  I was on fence with Crean, I think the minimum standard should be to reach Tourney every year.  I just can't help to think back to a Coach we had named Mallory, who won and had success, yet IU wanted Rose Bowls...we are still working out of that decision.  I saw the "A" rated list on CBS.  Alford- just no way, that aint happening.  Marshall, Miller, Holtman, Bennett, Drew and Cronin.  Those are A list Coaches? Not in my opinion, they look about similar to CTC.  I don't think IU can sway a Self, Calipari, Williams type and that is really what the fan base wants.  We have a program that will most likely be depleted by the start of next year, we now are behind most other programs in recruiting and the Coach will be expected to win right away or feel the wrath.  Going to take a brave man to step into that.  Regardless, the program has been dealt it's hand and I honestly hope it's just me needing to start taking meds...I just have a feeling we got a bumpy few years ahead of us, considering we won the Big Ten last year.  Go Hoosiers

The previous administration botched that horribly.  We wanted somebody who had been to a final four that the search firm had ties to.  Drastically limited our pool.  A program like IU shouldn't be using those middlemen to pick candidates.  

Make the right hire, ala Donovan, and the years won't be very bumpy at all.

He was never the right coach for IU but I've always respected Mike Davis. That man just gets it, and I hope he continues to have success at Texas Southern.

I've always respected Mike Davis as well. The way he had that 01-02 team playing that March was incredible. I loved that team. I wasn't even 8 years old and I remember all of it. Texas Southern gonna take down UNC tomorrow