Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

First time poster, been lurking awhile.  There are MANY more people like me that haven't spoken out on message boards but we want him gone too.  If he is retained, I will join any movement to help stop attendance next year, or go on a strike in front of cameras to keep people out of AH.  I think it will come down to "we the people" to save our basketball program.  If they make the wrong decision, let us be ready to not go down without a fight.  Just be prepared with notes on stats, games, and comparisons to other coaches and schools, so we look and sound as if we are well-informed, not just ignorant fans.

I feel exactly the same way. Born a Hoosier fan and have been for over 40 years. So sad the administration seems to want to destroy IU basketball despite the fans. Will not attend or watch another second of the Crean/Glass show. Hope we can save it in the end.

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Trust me on this one: Yes. You will be.

No matter whether Crean stays or goes. 

And I will too.

I won't be just like i didn't these last two months.  Crean has to go because he is not a good coach and they will never be good with him.  

35 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Trust me on this one: Yes. You will be.

No matter whether Crean stays or goes. 

And I will too.

I will only watch via methods that cannot be tracked for ratings; at the bar, via "totally legitimate" streaming site, etc.  I won't let them count me in any sort of metric that could indicate I am supporting a team "coached" by Crean.  I'm an alumnus, I love my school, I love basketball, and I love Indiana Hoosier basketball even if it shortens my life expectancy by watching it.

1 minute ago, tjdents said:

I'm a season ticket holder and donor. I don't give millions but I do give thousands. If we stick with this coach I'm done until we make a change. I love my Hoosiers but will not support financially.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well in the meantime I know where you can send those thousands. :)

9 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

If he's back next year there won't be any attendance for the cupcakes in the hall and rather empty for the B1G home games. It will hurt the bars/food establishments in Btown and put a hurt on the hotels too! Basically if will hurt the whole economy of Bloomington and probably Nashville too! Well they will still have fall foliage season. Really could suck for a lot of people. I wonder if IU cares though.....

Maybe we won't play any home games next year.

If he's back next year there won't be any attendance for the cupcakes in the hall and rather empty for the B1G home games. It will hurt the bars/food establishments in Btown and put a hurt on the hotels too! Basically if will hurt the whole economy of Bloomington and probably Nashville too! Well they will still have fall foliage season. Really could suck for a lot of people. I wonder if IU cares though.....

Filling out my bracket made me sad. All those blue blood schools and IU couldn't even make it into the field. That in addition to knowing that even if we did I wouldn't be confident in us winning more than a game or two and this situation completely suckssss. 

It will probably be the most toxic enviroment assembly hall has ever seen. Bringing him back would prove glass is beyond incompetent at his job. Also delusional.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

The bars and restaurants? Sure, to an extent. The hotels? Not really. There are only 17,000 seats, unlike the crowd the football stadium can hold. Darn near half of those basketball seats go to students, so they aren't staying at hotels. Also, so many on the games are on a night where people have to get up and go to work the next day, so those people (along with most others from out of town) would not be staying in town.

Hotel/Restaurant/Bar is what I did all my working life before retiring, and I can tell you the hotel part of your synopsis is minimal, in particular when compared to football.

I've followed IU basketball since the late 70's.  I was at the Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne when Knight brought his team to town for a practice.  The place was sold out and it was such a thrill.  It was like celebrities coming to town.  I wish some of the younger fans could have experienced what we had.  It's depressing because we could have it again, or close to it, which would be great.  Just a few idiots standing in our way, and of course dragging Crean out of town kicking and screaming.