Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

4 minutes ago, jumpshot53 said:

First time poster, been lurking awhile.  There are MANY more people like me that haven't spoken out on message boards but we want him gone too.  If he is retained, I will join any movement to help stop attendance next year, or go on a strike in front of cameras to keep people out of AH.  I think it will come down to "we the people" to save our basketball program.  If they make the wrong decision, let us be ready to not go down without a fight.  Just be prepared with notes on stats, games, and comparisons to other coaches and schools, so we look and sound as if we are well-informed, not just ignorant fans.

Amen, I started posting a couple days ago for the exact same reasons.

2 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Nope. My time will be spent elsewhere

I have a toddler so I already spent most of this year trying to sneak in radio broadcasts and the occasional TV broadcast. Made it to one game (Nebraska, ugh). If he's back, I won't bother. I can give my daughter the attention she deserves. She certainly doesn't need to see me screaming at college kids on my TV.

25 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Are there still at least a few people on here who think Crean is for sure GONE based off how everything has panned out so far? I need this reassurance in my life!! Haha 

I would put up $500 saying that he is gone by the end of next week.  $100 that he is gone by Monday night. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Trust me on this one: Yes. You will be.

No matter whether Crean stays or goes. 

I know I won't.  The NIT game was the first one I have watched in a month and a half and all it did was confirm that I'm done with IU basketball while Tom Crean is the coach.  I'm not going to go root for another team, but I just don't see the point of spending my free time (and money) doing something that brings displeasure. 

I'd like to think (and hope) that if the meeting was between Glass and boosters, and not trustees, that it was a meeting of reassurance that had Glass saying "ok guys, Crean is gone but I just wanted to make sure you were on board to help get the guy I'm going after." 

I like the way you think!

Filling out my bracket made me sad. All those blue blood schools and IU couldn't even make it into the field. That in addition to knowing that even if we did I wouldn't be confident in us winning more than a game or two and this situation completely suckssss.