Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

I post this to give those that want him gone some hope.  Nothing has been announced officially one way or the other.  If you recall on March 6th it was announced via the media that Washington was going to retain Romar as coach, and we all know what happened yesterday.  The media doesn't always have completely accurate information and things can change quickly.   

http://washington.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Lorenzo-Romar-returning-next-season-to-Washington--51642447

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/15/lorenzo-romar-washington-huskies-coach-fired

You might as well have just posted this video because you lifted my spirits a little bit.

Serious question, if Crean is back next year what do you think Glass/Trustees will be looking for that tells them they made the right decision? NCAA tournament appearance? Sweet 16? Top 3 in the Big Ten Conference?

I think my fear (and everyone's) is we're back in the same spot next March, just a year older. I'm not sure how anyone looks at the current situation and thinks we'll be a serious contender next year.

1 minute ago, LostInLouisville said:

Serious question, if Crean is back next year what do you think Glass/Trustees will be looking for that tells them they made the right decision? NCAA tournament appearance? Sweet 16? Top 3 in the Big Ten Conference?

I think my fear (and everyone's) is we're back in the same spot next March, just a year older. I'm not sure how anyone looks at the current situation and thinks we'll be a serious contender next year.

If he makes the tourney he'll get an extension.

If Glass wanted to keep him, why didn't he give him an extension after last year. I still think his is GONE. If you like a coach that much and were trying to protect him, he would have given him an extension after last year. (At least I am trying to convince myself.)

5 minutes ago, Dizz said:

If he makes the tourney he'll get an extension.

We're lucky he didn't get one last year.  Apparently he asked for one and didn't get it.   That's why none of this makes sense.  It felt like Crean was on probation and this season he broke his probation by missing the tourney.  I'm holding out hope that the delay is due to a NBA coach.