Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

6 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

rabjohns posting that he heard crean was staying. hickory and 0708 saying 99% he is gone. thats all i know

How do we know those 2 anonymous posters are not the same person with multiple handles or that they know anything and are not just drawing attention to themselves? It seems people are saying they have been credible in past but who knows? I am always skeptical of people I can't put a face to. 

Edited by Aaron

We keep getting mixed messages--so I am calling it the night. I still predict he is gone ----and tomorrow I hope a Don--o---van drives up to the front of the Hall carrying our new coach who will lead us to greatness. That's going to be my dream tonight --sweet dreams Hoosier Nation!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

the thing is,  athletics bring in so much money to colleges especially successful athletic programs. as an ad and president of a university why would you stay mediocre especially if your considered one of the top programs/jobs in the country and there is no reason you cant get an elite coach

the thing is,  athletics bring in so much money to colleges especially successful athletic programs. as an ad and president of a university why would you stay mediocre especially if your considered one of the top programs/jobs in the country and there is no reason you cant get an elite coach

Yep you would think it would ne a no brainer

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well, it all comes down to this...

Hickory and 0708 vs. Rabjohns 

99% sure vs. Guessing based on what people have told him. (Later backtracked)

History of breaking coaching stories vs. Recruiting insider who seems to have a poor history of IU coaching predictions

Putting credibility on the line vs. Making it known that it is not official and is just opinion

What will happen? I'm not sure. But I bet something is happening tomorrow...

i think the fan base would be in an uproar. it would be really ugly next year. 

Its a lose lose for glass and crean. I dont get why fred would do it unless he was told his job is as safe as can be.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Buckner said on a radio show 2 years ago that he "knew for a fact that Donovan and Indiana had discussions." Also mentioned that it was the Donovan camp that reached out initially. So at one point in time, Billy Donovan wanted the Indiana job. Not sure about the rumors now but past interest, paired with changes in his current situation, make it much easier for me to believe there is a chance.

I know I have no clue as to the details of that situation, but...Wow. We could have had BD then.

I..... I can't....even...

BOOZE. NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app