Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

5 minutes ago, Uwe Robb said:

Let me blow your minds.

What if everything we've heard was false and Glass was ready to pull the trigger and fire Crean and the board of trustees were the ones that told him to hold off?

Nah, I didn't think so either.

That could be possible as well. No one knows what the world is going on.

He backtracked on it later. Said he had some people who think he is staying. But he spent 2-3 posts pulling it back, saying nothing is definitive at all. Be careful sharing those singular posts. Nearly gave me a heart attack. 

Even Rabby isnt sure of his sources if that makes anyone who has heard things feel better. Least we arent getting paid to cover the program and doing it either. I like Rabby recruiting wise only. Literally thats it. Doesnt seem to ever know much more ever or he plays it very cool. So the 3:30 thing any truth to that?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

What if the board of trustees led by Quinn Buckner who covers the Pacers has been the ones that have been talking to Donovan. Buckner would have the connections to do it.

He wouldn't be the only on the board, but I doubt OKC would allow Pacer employees to do that. They would have to go through the proper channels.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, jman301 said:

I remember the 91-92 getting completely screwed by the officials in the Final Four. One of the best teams I've ever seen play. Should've won it all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That season is JUST outside of my memory bank. I very fondly remember my dad buying me 1993 big10 champs shirt that i still own.

Just now, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

Just saw Belmont knocked off Georgia, so we theoretically could have hosted two NIT if could have beat GT at home. Not that it matters just thought it was funny.

Only if they let us play it next Monday, the latest possible day, after playing the first game of the tourney. It was never going to happen. They put in the release it had to be 20th to host a game. 

28 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Absolutely. He would market why you need to go behind his paywall. He may not put the whole thing out there, but would say they got a huge break and know what's going on. I have no doubt he heard from someone, but could be as simple as, "I haven't heard a change is being made." Then it gets blown up.

He is saying he heard it from someone's opinion not fact. Was a reporter sharing an opinion that is all.

Just saw Belmont knocked off Georgia, so we theoretically could have hosted two NIT if could have beat GT at home. Not that it matters just thought it was funny.

I noticed syracuse had not many fans and they have had alot more ncaa success than us in the last 20 years. I guess they werent worried about their brand lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I was being sarcastic about everyone going about their day like nothing is going on. Just to confirm that lol. If were talking about it I am sure the people getting paid to are as well. They probably dont have a text chain that is even 1/20th of our thread haha but still.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

from all the chattering today i figured as much. ive been an indiana fan since the day i was born in 1979. never been on forums  but ive always followed along with the recruiting trail and such on inside the hall. but i think i like this a lot more. all my friends and family think im crazy that i get mad if i miss a game or i make plans around a game. thats just how much i love iu basketball. but this year for the last 4 or 5 games i couldnt watch. thats pretty sad right there. there needs to be a change i really hope there is one. we need to get back to fundamental team basketball. not grooming every individual for the nba. thats why bryant is playing outside. he will probably be a 4 in the nba so crean is grooming him. but thats not what we need him for on our team. every player needs a position this positionless basketball weave and heave is a joke. rant over that went longer then planned.

Who would have been in Florida area last night or today? I heard that is where Pat Shoulders was before he flew back to Indiana today for meeting?

Could have just been work, but I would much rather speculate.

Born in 85. I was just old enough to remember in 93 Alan Henderson getting injured, getting knocked off by KU in the Elite 8 and the end of Damon Bailey. Like you i feel like i JUST missed the golden age.

Same exact thing for me. I remember hating Kansas so much after that.

If the rumors are true, I still don't understand why Glass would hitch his wagon to a coach who has under-performed as much as Crean has for 3 out of the last 4 years. It just makes zero sense.

I noticed syracuse had not many fans and they have had alot more ncaa success than us in the last 20 years. I guess they werent worried about their brand lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Big snow storm up there I believe... Could've hindered attendance...