Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Goodman said Crean could be a fit at Cal. Seeing his name on twitter with Washington too. Add in the NC State thing and maybe that is why no announcement has been made. They are giving Crean time to figure out another job.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean would be an upgrade over Martin. They should be thrilled to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

29 minutes ago, Treesh said:

My friend just texted me. Said he was at Wendy's getting some food right quick. The cashier told him Fred Glass was just there talking on the phone and he overheard him say press conference Thursday. My friend told me he was wearing an iu shirt so that's why he thinks the cashier told him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How long would he have to be at the counter in order for the cashier to hear enough to know that? What are the odds she walked up to him just as he was saying "press conference....Thursday"?

And wouldn't he do everything to avoid having that phone conversation in public?

1 minute ago, Tom White said:

How long would he have to be at the counter in order for the cashier to hear enough to know that? What are the odds she walked up to him just as he was saying "press conference....Thursday"?

And wouldn't he do everything to avoid having that phone conversation in public?

I think you are missing the context of this post lol

19 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

He's a very good coach and has a good thing going at Bellarmine. Not trying to bash you, don't think he's worth gambling on jumping from DII and have IU his first D1 job, especially given his age. I think he's better off staying at Bellarmine and possibly win one more title and go down as one of the best DII coaches.

No problem at all, man. I easily see your points. Just thinking outside the box some, might not hurt IU to do a bit of that these days.

3 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Are you hearing this directly from someone who attended the supposed meetings?

Nope.  I have one "source" for good info.  I told them to only contact me when the separation was irrevocable.  However, putting all the pieces together, I see no way that crean survives this.  In fact, just having rallies on campus to fire him would be something that the administration would have every interest in avoiding.  The fan outrage is getting some national media attention.  The number of coaches on the move is increasing which means more jobs are opening up.  If it is not announced tomorrow, Crean will be told tomorrow that he has until Monday to find a new place to coach.

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

Nope.  I have one "source" for good info.  I told them to only contact me when the separation was irrevocable.  However, putting all the pieces together, I see no way that crean survives this.  In fact, just having rallies on campus to fire him would be something that the administration would have every interest in avoiding.  The fan outrage is getting some national media attention.  The number of coaches on the move is increasing which means more jobs are opening up.  If it is not announced tomorrow, Crean will be told tomorrow that he has until Monday to find a new place to coach.

Ah....I guess we will see then

I'll be more than happy to be a reference for him. He's a great coach, offensive genius, amazing recruiter and developer of talent, true leader, he's a homerun hire you should not pass him up!