Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Letting Crean dangle in the wind, the home NIT debacle, and now as a result being a punchline on ESPN and elsewhere cannot have improved our standing with the elite coaches like Billy D. This is really a cluster**** and it looks amateur as all hell.

Edited by jconley

Letting Crean dangle in the wind, the home NIT debacle, and now as a result being a punchline on ESPN cannot have improved our standing with the elite coaches like Billy D. This is really a cluster**** and it looks amateur as all hell.

Yep kept hoping this was a well planned idea and they knew what they were doing but it appears they are clowns and are lost at what to do

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

If Illinois gets Marshall or Bennett and we stick with Crean - what an embarrassment for our athletic department. McRobbie would need to clean house. That's something that would make me never watch Indiana again until our department is wiped out completely. If the rumors are true and Illinois is willing to pony up, why the hell can't we? Why is Tom Crean STILL our coach? Is there anyone with some freaking sense in our athletic department, university execs or board of trustees. What a disaster this could be. We'll look incredibly weak. 

3 minutes ago, Uwe Robb said:

My one resemblance of a source is also hearing that "It is a firestorm and if Fred is not careful he will be in hot water as well"

Take that for what it is worth. My source I personally believe to be fairly reliable.

I feel a lot better after hearing that news.

how are they connected?

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

how are they connected?

Don't want to say.

It is kind of a 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon thing, but I trust the 2 ppl that spoke to and I will just say that I am feeling way more confident now.

I think a couple of the Mods are familiar with my source.