Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I'll stay here until we get to 1000, but I'm officially ready to move over to the Fire Fred Glass page. The longer he lets this fester, the more I realize where the root cause lies.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Problem is...when Fred Glass moves on, then we'll just get more of the same.       

You would think that with the kind of ego Glass most likely has, that he would WANT to make a good hire and replace Crean so that he can have the opportunity to be like "yeah that's right, that was ME who made that happen." You would think he would look at all the ecstatic fan base and just eat that alive. 

I hope this delay in firing Crean won't end up with us behind Illinois for Bennett's services. I have to believe things will move quickly enough for that not to be the case, but there can't be any more delays. What is the hold up? Bennett's season could be over this time tomorrow.

1 minute ago, cljones1979 said:

i cant see bennett even looking or taking offers right now. you would thing it would be all eyes on the prize.......

I would hope so...Cuonzo on the other hand didn't waste any time, but of course the gulf between him and Bennett is about as big as the difference between the NIT and the NCAAs.

Edited by jconley

Just now, cljones1979 said:

i cant see bennett even looking or taking offers right now. you would thing it would be all eyes on the prize.......

Bennett personally probably isn't but that doesn't mean that his agent isn't taking phone calls.

Another question I just thought of is how many people with 'sources' are being lied to?

I can tell you day before Sampson hire I asked someone very much on the inside I knew well at time (and have not talked to since) if they knew who IU's next coach would be? Not only did they not say they couldn't talk about it (which I would of been fine with) they said they had no idea. Next day I hear that person thanked as an integral part of bringing Sampson aboard at introduction press conference. Needless to say I was angry at time when I heard his name at press conference and hated him more as Sampson screwed the University. 

I also have a friend on the inside who often tells me he can't talk about various things I've asked him about IU which I perfectly respect and he remains a friend to this day. Just don't lie to me.

My main point though is how many 'sources' have been lied to by someone within they think they know well only to find out they had their leg pulled? Again my point is no one knows until an announcement is made what is true.       

Edited by Aaron