Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I have very, VERY well-placed sources that have told me with complete, absolute certainty that Thomas Aron Crean will not be the Indiana University Hoosiers men's basketball coach by this Friday.

Its not official fake news unless its a tweet or a screenshot from a different board.

5 minutes ago, Chilly willy said:

i understand the present rancor towards our coach and the clamoring for his termination

Prior to making a rash decision, please note that when choosing a new coach it is important to assess 'fit'

we ARE the Crimson and Cream --- CREAN and CREAM are close enough to be HOMOPHONES [grammar term, not bashing a minority group or trumping]

i think we should take this forced rhyme scheme into account if/when we choose a successor -- MARSHALL/MILLER/STEVENS don't come close to rhyming with anything in our storied program

if u want a replacement, you could get someone named DIM SUNG -- be forewarned, while this is a pleasant dish, there is a possiblity that, [as with all chinese food, you will just want to hire another coach in a few hours]

image.jpg

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

IUwins0708 said... (original post)

I was told just today that McRobbie is now involved with the coaching situation. He wants a decision from glass sooner rather than later. Which I took as before the end of the weekend. I think he even can see this giving the school/program a black eye. I'm not sure what his view point on the situation is, I sent out a reply email to my sources to find out and haven't heard back yet.

Edit- was also told Glass's seat is just as hot as Creans was/is.

McRobbie might not care about basketball but the man cares about the money. I can't imagine he was pleased by the decision to pass on the home game and give up free cash. 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Alex Jones thumbs up.jpg

I have very, VERY well-placed sources that have told me with complete, absolute certainty that Thomas Aron Crean will not be the Indiana University Hoosiers men's basketball coach by this Friday.

4 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Its not official fake news unless its a tweet or a screenshot from a different board.

^^MY SOURCE^^

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

IUwins0708 said... (original post)

I was told just today that McRobbie is now involved with the coaching situation. He wants a decision from glass sooner rather than later. Which I took as before the end of the weekend. I think he even can see this giving the school/program a black eye. I'm not sure what his view point on the situation is, I sent out a reply email to my sources to find out and haven't heard back yet.

Edit- was also told Glass's seat is just as hot as Creans was/is.

Glass's seat being hot does not surprise me after the situation with Wilson and now the Georgia Tech debacle.  If and when Crean is let go, can he even be trusted to make the appropriate hire?

Rabjohns just said, that Crean was campaigning for his job. He said Fred Glass flew down there with a couple of other people from the athletic department and immediately flew back last night. He assumes they are meeting today. He said the boosters are leading him to believe that something will happen but they aren't always right. He said "nothing" will surprise him. And that coaches around the country have told him that they view IU as a "top tier" job.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Where was this? Podcast?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

McRobbie might not care about basketball but the man cares about the money. I can't imagine he was pleased by the decision to pass on the home game and give up free cash. 

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/iu/Fred-Glass-and-the-State-of-IU-Athletics---Money-matters

I found this article from this year. I think this will give a better view of how important donor money is and why Crean has been seen as a success for Glass in the past. One line discusses how 9 of the 10 largest donations to the athletic department have come since 2009 when he came on. With the product deteriorating one would have to think donations won't come as quick. Our school budget is much lower than other football schools due to our lack of interest in our football program. Hopefully this article articulates how vital that program is to the future success of our basketball program and why he isn't exactly as trigger happy as some would be.

So does Glass....

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

So does Glass....

He talks about how important money is, but then he turns around and pays for the team to travel to Atlanta instead of making money off them playing at home... Things are getting really bizarre in Hoosier Land. 

I sincerely hope there was more to the decision to voluntarily give up a home game. If the only reason to do it was to avoid embarrassment due to a lack of fans at home, Mr. Glass - you failed miserably and should consider stepping down. IU just lost in the first round of the NIT, in our home whites, in Atlanta. This could have been avoided 100% - not to mention the money you lost the University from ticket sales, merchandise, concessions, etc. from having a home game.

We may consider ourselves elite but the rest of the country doesn't and the NIT loss last night confirms it. Why accept the bid to play in the NIT if you have no intention of playing a home game? There has to be something more to this. If there isn't, then its pure stupidity and incompetence.