Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I can't fathom Crean coming back, but if he does, if I'm the AD part of a return is a complete sweep of his staff. You absolutely can not come back with the status quo. I hate to scapegoat the assistants, but you just can't bring this full staff back in tact, you have to at least give the optics that change has been attempted. 

Again, maybe not entirely fair, but some change has to occur. 

Nicely stated.

Maybe there is a correlation to putting former players on the Asst. bench.

Duke seems to get it.  MSU seems to get it.

Put guys on there that have lived the game (recently) and want to coach (that are leaders).  Problem is CTC won't accept it!

Calbert (would have been good)

Fife (would have been damn good)

Damon Bailey (what the hell, somebody that is connected and legendary to high school basketball)

...at this point it's worth a shot.

1 minute ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I remember getting my 1st IUBB tickets when I was younger and I cried. Now if I get IU basketball tickets, I'll cry but for a totally different reason. "but mom why?! Why do you wanna torture me?!"

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That's sad...

Watching IU this year was like valuing a Peso to a Dollar.

1 minute ago, Napleshoosier said:

And they had Stan shooting with his right hand! Gezz, I'm a lefty. That's beyond stupidity! Lol

I'm a Lefty too and there's some things you just can't force.  

Back in the '70s, I was a total minority in school.  There wasn't a pair of left-handed scissors to be found.  lol!

Nicely stated.
Maybe there is a correlation to putting former players on the Asst. bench.
Duke seems to get it.  MSU seems to get it.
Put guys on there that have lived the game (recently) and want to coach (that are leaders).  Problem is CTC won't accept it!
Calbert (would have been good)
Fife (would have been damn good)
Damon Bailey (what the hell, somebody that is connected and legendary to high school basketball)
...at this point it's worth a shot.

Crean has already stated that no matter what he's coaching the same way.No disrespect to your post intended, but he could have coach K as associate head and wouldnt listen to a damm thing he told him.The guys an egomaniac and is convinced his system is the bomb.

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

Crean has already stated that no matter what he's coaching the same way.No disrespect to your post intended, but he could have coach K as associate head and wouldnt listen to a damm thing he told him.The guys an egomaniac and is convinced his system is the bomb.

No, i agree.

that's why I stated that he wouldn't accept it.

1 minute ago, Woodson1980 said:

Bomb yes but in a different meaning. Like the explosion of crap every where!

He literally used every excuse. Brought up the fact that we beat KU and UNC, injuries, no leadership, and had to mention he won 2 B10 ships in 4 years! I'm so sick of this guy! No doubt he's coming back. Glass has already told him. In a punka** Glass move (imo) nothing will be announced. They're just hoping things die down with the end of the season here. Glass and Crean are both chicken s**ts! They both need to go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app

This is the problem with Crean. In his pressers, he simply states the obvious and acts like it's some revelation that only he is able to figure out. Believe me, everyone with half an ounce of sense knows you have to get better. What he never states is how. How are you going to get better? How are you going to quit turning the ball over? How are you going to teach defense? How are you going to start getting your players to play as a team? If you don't know how, you are simply talking.

To me, all good coaches understand that a team is like a recipe, and if you don't have all of the correct ingredients in the correct proportions, you never know how it is going to turn out. Every once in awhile, it turns out pretty well, but the next batch you make might be totally unpalatable. Tom is just throwing ingredients in there, as long as he thinks they are good quality. He doesn't seem to understand that it has to be balanced. If it is screwed up, what has to be added to attain that balance.? This is my problem with him as a coach. He hasn't figured out how to have a balanced roster, team, approach, program, etc.

So now the ball if firmly in Fred's court. I think he is a pretty smart guy, so I have been hesitant to really bash him. I understand why people are not so hesitant though. This whole home court thing was handled about as poorly as possible. Basically, Fred is putting all the blame on the fans. No one would have shown up. He had weeks to come up with a better solution, and this was what we, the fans, got from him. Fred, these are the same fans that no one could stop talking about on a national stage for the NC game.

My hope is that Fred has been doing his job behind the scenes as we have been left to speculate what is happening. Now it is time for him to show his leadership and stop this languishing soap opera and make his decision known. This is his job. This is his time to show that he is in control and capable of standing up for whatever decision he makes, and facing the consequences.

Janitor tweeted about 10 hours ago: "Things don't end unless they end badly... move on #iubb I know for a fact Joani is ready to move on... let's just see if everyone else is"