Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

1 minute ago, iufaninillinois said:

Football? What's that?

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

It's this sport with an oddly shaped ball where we try to win half our games so we can play in this thing called a bowl. 

I'm not going to lie I watched the documentary perfect in 76 yesterday and it kind of made me sad. I was saddened by it because in my lifetime IU has had 4 coaches and I was to young to remember the endof Bob Knight at IU. But the truthis thhe film showed me how great IU basketball was and I have never seen IU as being that great of a program in my lifetime. All IU has been in my lifetime is either bad or inconsistent. I would love for IU to hire a new coach and return IU to its former Glory but the truth is I'm not sure if that will ever happen because once you start the downhill  slide it's hard to right the ship. Crean was on the verge of righting the ship until he hit an iceberg this year. All I want is to see IU returned to its Blue Blood status because it isn't what it used to be and it is ashame.

Edited by ap2345

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Glass is going to walk up to a press conference tomorrow afternoon, fire Crean, pull out Billy D from underneath his podium and then crowd surf his way out of the room. That, or he's going to give Crean a vote of confidence and become the most hated guy in Bloomington since Kent Harvey. 

I'm going with door number 2. Glass doesn't have the sack to fire his BFF.

So to summarize the quick responses posted:
'Indiana fans know crap basketball and are fairly pissed about it. Candidates: no one knows legitimately if any. '
'Short answer? A **** ton.'
'There are options'
'Anyone else. '
And the one specific name 'Ron Bream', which appears to be a 'fake news' name.

All these 'smart' people on here who want to jump to a firing without even a hint of who they think should be a realistic replacement.

Well, for the first year or 300 pgs. It was really just a bunch of guys throwing out names to see what everyone thought. Your name here kind of thing.
Then December 2016 came and things began to boil. Suddenly it was Brad Stevens. Stevens, Stevens, Stevens. If one didn't reference the name Brad Stevens within the post, they were placed on a 24hour suspension.
In early January we started trying Home Runs besides Stevens. Names like Miller, Holtman, Marshall, Donovan. Each poster would give reasons why his guy would fit.
By February we were in full on free-fall and we panicked. Some guy (insider) who don't know S*** put out some Jewel saying IU had contacted Donovan and he was interested in talking....Man, we jumped on that like a fat girl on a pork chop. Donovan, Donovan, Donovan. Saying Donovan wasn't coming would get you shanked in the parking lot.
Late February-Early March, some guy (insider) who don't know S***, claims that Steve Alford is coming home. Well, we all turned green and puked. Some liked it, most didn't. We put that to bed fairly quickly.
So we get to where we are now, with a group of guys that are pretty universally joined on one thing. A change needs to be made and made now. I think most of us have put the replacement 2nd to just getting the job done. That's likely why you are having difficulty seeing who people want as a new coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have a confession to make. I have never been to an IU game at Assembly Hall. I have never wanted to spend the money to go watch Crean's crappy brand of basketball. 

Well, for the first year or 300 pgs. It was really just a bunch of guys throwing out names to see what everyone thought. Your name here kind of thing.
Then December 2016 came and things began to boil. Suddenly it was Brad Stevens. Stevens, Stevens, Stevens. If one didn't reference the name Brad Stevens within the post, they were placed on a 24hour suspension.
In early January we started trying Home Runs besides Stevens. Names like Miller, Holtman, Marshall, Donovan. Each poster would give reasons why his guy would fit.
By February we were in full on free-fall and we panicked. Some guy (insider) who don't know S*** put out some Jewel saying IU had contacted Donovan and he was interested in talking....Man, we jumped on that like a fat girl on a pork chop. Donovan, Donovan, Donovan. Saying Donovan wasn't coming would get you shanked in the parking lot.
Late February-Early March, some guy (insider) who don't know S***, claims that Steve Alford is coming home. Well, we all turned green and puked. Some liked it, most didn't. We put that to bed fairly quickly.
So we get to where we are now, with a group of guys that are pretty universally joined on one thing. A change needs to be made and made now. I think most of us have put the replacement 2nd to just getting the job done. That's likely why you are having difficulty seeing who people want as a new coach.

That's a good synopsis.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I have a confession to make. I have never been to an IU game at Assembly Hall. I have never wanted to spend the money to go watch Crean's crappy brand of basketball. 

My first game was Nebraska. Hopefully your first one is better. 

My first game was Nebraska. Hopefully your first one is better. 

My first was over Christmas break against the Badgers. Awesome time even though the students were gone. The game was rough, but still very fun to watch.

Edit: I would do it again, but only if the students were there. I'd also like the university to do something for me, the guy who spent an entire paycheck on gas, tickets, hotels, food and merchandise in two days. Make a change. The product is sour.

"It's mind-boggling, we don't practice that way." -Crean postgame 

Really Coach?  Maybe because the competition at practice (particularly the defense) ain't all that tough.   This is embarrassing.   There is NO coming back from this debacle.   #itsnotjustoneseason

My first was over Christmas break against the Badgers. Awesome time even though the students were gone. The game was rough, but still very fun to watch.

Edit: I would do it again, but only if the students were there. I'd also like the university to do something for me, the guy who spent an entire paycheck on gas, tickets, hotels, food and merchandise in two days. Make a change. The product is sour.

My first game was this year vs Illinois. We won but it was still a tough game but wouldn't trade that experience for anything! My dad bought the tix for me for Christmas and went with me. Had staff section seats 30 rows off the floor, no students, but it was still amazing. Plan on at least getting tix for one game a year, but if CTC is still coach, I will wait if I have to till he is gone.

6 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

This is scary... Crean comes out dissing Georgia Tech for letting his friend, Brian Gregory, go prior to Pastner's hire... this guy just keeps making me more and more disgusted every time he opens his mouth.

He also blamed the injuries...

What a tool? Its not all sunshine and rainbows anymore, the fan base has sniffed you out and knows that you are full of Shitake Mushrooms! I think the statement that bothered me the most was the, "whether its year 1 or 10, I'm gonna coach the same way!" Seriously, 9 years of up and down success, no improvements in taking care of the ball or defense, same problems year after year, no offensive sets besides run and gun or weave and heave, turmoil within the teams, and the current downhill slide in recruiting, and you don't think that an adjustment or two in your coaching style would help? In the business world, CTC would have been fired years ago. You have to adapt to survive! We all know Coach Knight started to fade at the end of his reign at IU and I think part of it was his refusal to change with the times. We are on a dark path headed towards complete and udder irrelevance with this type of mentality. If the Sampson era was the dark ages of IU basketball, if a change is not made, this could become the black hole of no return! I for one can not fathom or handle the idea of IU being permanent bottom feeders of the state! IU is currently a fly that has been caught by a spider (CTC) that is about to take the last sip of IU's liquefied insides.

This is scary... Crean comes out dissing Georgia Tech for letting his friend, Brian Gregory, go prior to Pastner's hire... this guy just keeps making me more and more disgusted every time he opens his mouth.
[/url] He also blamed the injuries...

He literally used every excuse. Brought up the fact that we beat KU and UNC, injuries, no leadership, and had to mention he won 2 B10 ships in 4 years! I'm so sick of this guy! No doubt he's coming back. Glass has already told him. In a punka** Glass move (imo) nothing will be announced. They're just hoping things die down with the end of the season here. Glass and Crean are both chicken s**ts! They both need to go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using BtownBanners mobile app