Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I took the post game as him giving a last ditch effort to basically tell glass that his recruiting is gonna go to another level from here on out.  I also heard what could be taken as glass has told him u better land a few top guns for next yr cause that will be it if u dont.  Ugh

The only good thing from tonight, Glass refused to speak to reporters. If he really was bringing him back, wouldn't he just say it tonight with a vote of confidence? I am holding out hope he will do the right thing, because Crean just dug in.

Just now, IUHAHN82 said:

I took the post game as him giving a last ditch effort to basically tell glass that his recruiting is gonna go to another level from here on out.  I also heard what could be taken as glass has told him u better land a few top guns for next yr cause that will be it if u dont.  Ugh

Why would he feel the need to do that at a press conference when he could just talk to him directly? I don't agree with this line of thinking 

2 minutes ago, goiubb2000 said:

The only good thing from tonight, Glass refused to speak to reporters. If he really was bringing him back, wouldn't he just say it tonight with a vote of confidence? I am holding out hope he will do the right thing, because Crean just dug in.

Yes... yes

15 minutes ago, cdbecker832 said:

Won the Big Ten last year. If we fire Crean, who are even candidates on the radar? Can't fire without having replacement options. 

Im not reading through over 900 pages of posts to see if this was answered. 

So to summarize the quick responses posted:

'Indiana fans know crap basketball and are fairly pissed about it. Candidates: no one knows legitimately if any. '

'Short answer? A **** ton.'

'There are options'

'Anyone else. '

And the one specific name 'Ron Bream', which appears to be a 'fake news' name.

All these 'smart' people on here who want to jump to a firing without even a hint of who they think should be a realistic replacement.

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Why would he feel the need to do that at a press conference when he could just talk to him directly? I don't agree with this line of thinking 

I have no doubt he HAS told him directly.  But once again IMO, Crean wants to come off to EVERYONE including fans,that aren't behind closed doors like he is "the man" and has it all under control.