Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/uncommitted-senior-tucker-expands-focus

IU still in lead. He says in article that he would possibly follow Crean wherever he went. Also mentions that Crean and co have told him everything is fine with the rumors. Obviously he isn't gonna tell him he is gone.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2c3bc31d6949c7034e910c961bdc5f2c.jpg862a22059cfe54a07d1513f6b0fc3c30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That bottom picture of Painter will be just the expression he shows if Vermont upsets Purwho in round one of the. Tourney. I don't think it will happen but watch his coaching seat get real hot real fast if it does....poor little brother!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah I haven't encountered that. I am just mainly the Fort Wayne area though. I have a lot of meetings for Parkview Health System (I work here) and they generally end with discussing IU. I haven't met one person say they have quit watching. Pissed? Yes. Quit watching? No. I would say it is now a majority of people up here want Crean gone after this year. Before this year it was like 1 in 5 I encountered. This year it is over 50%.

What was it like during the 14-15 season? 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/uncommitted-senior-tucker-expands-focus

IU still in lead. He says in article that he would possibly follow Crean wherever he went. Also mentions that Crean and co have told him everything is fine with the rumors. Obviously he isn't gonna tell him he is gone.

Yikes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Yea, we as posters here are the hardcore fans. Almost every single IU fan around me sees almost no problem keeping Crean on for years if need be, unless Brad Stevens comes calling. They see any other hire as a waste of time.. I was also told I need to have "realistic expectations, it isn't the 1980s anymore where the blue bloods dominate all".. I can somewhat understand that but we just want a banner people! Honestly, not even that. I would be on the Crean train if he would have just hit a final four game.. maybe even elite eight.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yikes!

It is also telling that IU has been in the lead this entire time and yet the kid hasnt pulled the trigger. Something doesnt add up to that.

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah I haven't encountered that. I am just mainly the Fort Wayne area though. I have a lot of meetings for Parkview Health System (I work here) and they generally end with discussing IU. I haven't met one person say they have quit watching. Pissed? Yes. Quit watching? No. I would say it is now a majority of people up here want Crean gone after this year. Before this year it was like 1 in 5 I encountered. This year it is over 50%.

In my experience, the general fans are about 50/50 as well. My father who is a diehard, needed some convincing when i told him mid season that Crean needed to go. At first he kinda scoffed a little when i told him how i felt but then when i dropped some undeniable stats and other info on him he changed his tone.

It is also telling that IU has been in the lead this entire time and yet the kid hasnt pulled the trigger. Something doesnt add up to that.

He would be a fool to come here now. Crean might make it through this season but he has no chance next year. As noce as our facility is, kids play for coaches.

In my experience, the general fans are about 50/50 as well. My father who is a diehard, needed some convincing when i told him mid season that Crean needed to go. At first he kinda scoffed a little when i told him how i felt but then when i dropped some undeniable stats and other info on him he changed his tone.

I try and take a step off the ledge when gauging the general public. This year I didn't have to. I could understand before why Glass would keep him. Not this year. Too much going against him. Why bring him back as a lame duck? He doesn't deserve an extension. Why bring him back when his legs are cut out from under him recruiting wise?

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

He would be a fool to come here now. Crean might make it through this season but he has no chance next year. As noce as our facility is, kids play for coaches.

I don't know if that's true.  He attended the IU-UNC game and I think he fell in love with the environment at Assembly Hall.  I follow him on Instagram and he has been pro-IU for months.  If we land a good coach, he could absolutely come still.  

Just now, mdn82 said:

I try and take a step off the ledge when gauging the general public. This year I didn't have to. I could understand before why Glass would keep him. Not this year. Too much going against him. Why bring him back as a lame duck? He doesn't deserve an extension. Why bring him back when his legs are cut out from under him recruiting wise?

This is why I think he is gone.

I don't know if that's true.  He attended the IU-UNC game and I think he fell in love with the environment at Assembly Hall.  I follow him on Instagram and he has been pro-IU for months.  If we land a good coach, he could absolutely come still.  

He said he likes IU and Crean. It would add a school to compete with and maybe set us back a step or two with him but very much would still come here. His relationship with Josh Pastner is getting stronger though. Need to do something or he is gone and Mark Smith is probably announcing in April by looks of it so. 2 big recruits. Need to get it done. The longer we wait the more and more the likely hood of Billy D coming here makes more and more sense.