Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I would love some true Market Research on this.  Do we, the message board followers, have a lot more angst than the general public who doesn't ignite emotions with message board rumors and speculation?  If this irritation is a large sample of the public how does the university and more importantly the athletic department move on with business as usual.

After getting away from the boards and having some time to reflect on things, I'm fairly confident Glass intends to replace CTC.  Too many things like the NIT decision, lack of any statement about the situation one way or another, and there's been too much chatter about possible replacements.  Do I believe the anonymous sources are bringing definite, solid info?  Nope, but I believe there's a kernel of truth in those rumors.  Hearing that Terry Hutchinson even said something about interest in a particular NBA coach, is just one instance of seeing proverbial "smoke".
I think the rumor that Glass is letting Crean make the decision about leaving may be true - that is until the season is over.  He is probably taking the approach that he will let CTC coach as long as our season continues, or leave anytime he finds a new gig.  After all, it's the NIT and according to Glass's own "expectations" it's a "who-gives-crap tournament".  The weird decision to forego a home game indicates he likely is shielding CTC and the team from what could be an ugly situation and he probably doesn't regard the loser's tournament as being of any great importance.
I may be totally wrong and I certainly don't have any solid basis for a decision either way, but I think we'll get an answer after the balls are put away for the season.

The fact that glass may be letting crean make the decision should be beyond concerning and proves glass is incompetent. We owe crean nothing. This is just mind boggling.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I would love some true Market Research on this.  Do we, the message board followers, have a lot more angst than the general public who doesn't ignite emotions with message board rumors and speculation?  If this irritation is a large sample of the public how does the university and more importantly the athletic department move on with business as usual.

We are the minority when it comes to extremism of our feelings and emotions. For instance I think Recker **** on Fred Glass lawn while reading the newspaper. You don't find that everywhere.

To answer your question we aren't the norm. Any board for that matter. The General fan is typically less extreme of their views. The people that go to boards like this are typically ultra happy or ultra pissed. Then they settle in. Welcome aboard lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We are the minority when it comes to extremism of our feelings and emotions. For instance I think Recker **** on Fred Glass lawn while reading the newspaper. You don't find that everywhere.

To answer your question we aren't the norm. Any board for that matter. The General fan is typically less extreme of their views. The people that go to boards like this are typically ultra happy or ultra pissed. Then they settle in. Welcome aboard lol

That said, that BTB twitter poll had less than 30% support for Crean versus the field, which is a good sign for us extremists.

8 minutes ago, rmouse511 said:

A large percentage of the IU fans I know dont visit the boards and many have quit paying attention to IU bb since 2013

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I have lots of friends that are fans, but they have stopped watching, they might check scores on ESPN, they don't want to talk about IU games, but most of all they are committed to not watch anymore till CTC is gone.

I think a lot of fair weather fans especially some of the women I talk to don't really understand what has been going on. They don't understand the statistics and flaws of Tom Crean's system. Overall I think the state if Indiana fanbase has a high basketball IQ in general. Some see positive energy on tge sidelines and a decent year once and awhile and think that's Okay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I have lots of friends that are fans, but they have stopped watching, they might check scores on ESPN, they don't want to talk about IU games, but most of all they are committed to not watch anymore till CTC is gone.

Yeah I haven't encountered that. I am just mainly the Fort Wayne area though. I have a lot of meetings for Parkview Health System (I work here) and they generally end with discussing IU. I haven't met one person say they have quit watching. Pissed? Yes. Quit watching? No. I would say it is now a majority of people up here want Crean gone after this year. Before this year it was like 1 in 5 I encountered. This year it is over 50%.