Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

This!! And I was actually planning on going. I took this week off work so I could take my son to his game, because it is still a great game GT vs IU is a marquee game if it was non conference so why doesnt it matter now? Also to add to the point the crowd not being filled with drunk kids and not as crazy as it usually is is the reason I wanted to take my son. Just cause you dont wanna go dont act like no one in Hoosier Land didnt want to. I live 4 hours away and was gladly gonna do it. This was in response to the poster claiming no one cared nor would go. Speak for yourself man. Not everyone is season ticket holders and can drive down every home game, so these kind of games are perfect for people.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

41 tweeted that Georgia Tech would've been the 9th best team we've faced at Assembly out of our 20 home games. Sure it's not the game/tournament we all wanted to be playing in, but it's still a solid matchup. The university doesn't have a problem taking people's money to watch us play the Deleware State's of the world over winter break, but hosting an ACC school over spring break would've just been too much. 

41 tweeted that Georgia Tech would've been the 9th best team we've faced at Assembly out of our 20 home games. Sure it's not the game/tournament we all wanted to be playing in, but it's still a solid matchup. The university doesn't have a problem taking people's money to watch us play the Deleware State's of the world over winter break, but hosting an ACC school over spring break would've just been too much. 

I haven't got to go to a game at AH since UNC. Went to the Butler game but I will always love watching a game in AH. It is the main reason I expect us to be so great. The atmosphere itself it second to none. Yeah it wouldn't have been the best scenario to watch them, but I was looking forward to having at least a game or two that was really good in the NIT. I also believed Crean would be gone so I could truly root him on to finish the way he should have left....fighting. If that was gonna happen tho as many reasons as I think it helps our cause it could be a way to escape the drama for keeping him. It won't stop it from happening though, but I could see Glass thinking that way. This whole situation is just weird. I have no idea what to think anymore. Illinois did it the right way. Waited to make sure Groce didnt end up making a good run. Then knew the tourney wasnt happening so he fired him and now the NIT their fans can truly focus on winning it while being excited about who their next coach is gonna be. Also praying Jeremiah Tillmon stays lol.

17 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I haven't got to go to a game at AH since UNC. Went to the Butler game but I will always love watching a game in AH. It is the main reason I expect us to be so great. The atmosphere itself it second to none. Yeah it wouldn't have been the best scenario to watch them, but I was looking forward to having at least a game or two that was really good in the NIT. I also believed Crean would be gone so I could truly root him on to finish the way he should have left....fighting. If that was gonna happen tho as many reasons as I think it helps our cause it could be a way to escape the drama for keeping him. It won't stop it from happening though, but I could see Glass thinking that way. This whole situation is just weird. I have no idea what to think anymore. Illinois did it the right way. Waited to make sure Groce didnt end up making a good run. Then knew the tourney wasnt happening so he fired him and now the NIT their fans can truly focus on winning it while being excited about who their next coach is gonna be. Also praying Jeremiah Tillmon stays lol.

The UNC game was awesome. I was so excited for the season when I was walking home from that game... Then everything went downhill lol. I get that the students are rowdy and louder than the rest of the fans, but there have been numerous games this year that the students just haven't shown up for and left huge holes in the student section. I'm not convinced that attendance would've been much worse without students than it would've been with them. Glass has handled this whole situation terribly and it makes me wonder if he even has a plan or if he's winging it all. 

I'm not sure Morgan took a step back this year. He may have hit a few less 3s but he is much improved around the hoop and especially rebounding. Bryant absolutely took a step back other than a decent 3 point stroke. OG, I'd say he was on par with the prior year (like against UK in tourney) but not enough to make a real call. He definitely isn't the superstar ESPN would make him out to be YET

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

All 3 made horrendous TO's at crucial times and just weren't solid rebounding like they were last year. IMO, their skill was not even close to how good they were as Freshmen. Disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

So we have that going for us...

Wow.

I have not a bit of hate in my heart for Tom Crean but that is an indictment. Yes, there were injuries and yes they were significant but this team had plenty of talent, more than enough to make the Tournament in a year such as this.

When you've got wins like that, it tells you what the potential is and when you still fail to make the Tournament, to me it says something is off. Something in the culture of the program, something in the way you're teaching or approaching the game...something.

I would think that is the final straw. Will be interesting to see if it is.

Edited by VeevlandBrowns

I don't know, lots of great Country Music in that time period. But yeah the new wave and pop weren't very good.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Ha!

This past summer I had cataract surgery. When the doctor asked me if I had any allergies, I said yes, country music.

We will do well in the NIT. Crean is a seasoned NIT coach. He went there plenty at Marquette.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

From what I've heard about Tech, they are exactly the kind of team we struggle with. Really good defensively, and struggle offensively. But if they get hot - watch out! We all know everyone gets hot against our defense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wow. I am amazed at our AD. If the rumors are true, he needs to be fired NOW. 

• Not hosting an NIT game bc students are gone - are you serious? Most schools invited are in the same position. Fred, do you have any idea how weak and stupid this makes IU look?
  • Allowing Crean to decide his own fate - I simply can't believe this one. It's just unbelievable.

I really didn't want to think Fred was this weak and incompetent and again, these are just the rumors but man, if they're true.....yikes.